If you buy a tube bass amp that is 750 watts and then a cab that can handle 800 watts, will it be too much power for the cab? My friend is wondering and I'd rather ask then guess.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
The head he wants is on here its the SVT-6PRO and the cab is the SVT-810E on http://ampeg.com/.
The head says
RMS Power Output (8 Ohms): 750
RMS Power Output (4 Ohms): 1100

The cab says
Frequency Response (-3 dB): 58 Hz - 5 KHz
Maximum SPL: 130 dB
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Program Handling: 1600 Watts
RMS Handling: 800 Watts
Sensitivity: 100 dB
Usable Low Frequency (-10dB): 40 Hz
SPAM

where you gonna get the money for that?
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
you should be fine, just don't crank the volume so hard you blow out the speakers. there's a bunch of excess power from the head on the 4 ohm level the cab operates at. but that excess creates a level of overhead that gives a better tone than if you're running at full capacity. like i said, just be careful you don't overload it.
I am a guitarist and I play out of a mini johnson bass amp at my house, I use a Marshall for preformences.
Quote by Undying_Heart24
I am a guitarist and I play out of a mini johnson bass amp at my house, I use a Marshall for preformences.

*sighs*

Anyway, it should be perfectly fine. 750W tube is still 750W, regardless of this 'tube louder than SS' malarky
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Okay thanks guys. I thought that it'd work but its for our bass player and he is getting a job and saving for it. I said 750 watts is still the same wether its tube or not, but he is paranoid and wanted to hear it from toher people.
SPAM

The cab is at 4 ohms, however, so the amp can output 1100 watts. Just make sure that he doesn't turn it up past 3/4 of the way and he'll be fine. He probably will never turn it up past halfway anyway.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
If you buy a tube bass amp that is 750 watts and then a cab that can handle 800 watts, will it be too much power for the cab? My friend is wondering and I'd rather ask then guess.
That amp is Hybrid with a Mosfet output stage and not all tube; the tubes are just a couple of small pre-amp tubes that's all.
I'd like to see you lift a 700 watt all tube amp.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn