i've recently bought a PRS Tremonti SE not very long ago, put i've started getting very atattched to start because i've found them easier to shred on. just wondering if it's worth trading in the tremonti in for a Mexican strat. advice please
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
That's kind of a personal dilemma. If you prefer the Mexi Strat to you Tremonti SE, than get a Strat. You're the guy who's playing the guitar, so you might as well like it.

Although, it's always nice to have a backup, is there any possible way you could make do with your PRS and save up some cash for the Strat? Mexi Strats are not THAT expensive.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
well i do i have a backup but it's a ****ty Westfield strat, but i really do miss the body style beucase i do alot of shred stuff and i find certain things very uncomfortable to do on a LP style body, plus i only bought the tremonti becuase i was in a tremonti stage.
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
Like I said before... it's your preference. Perhaps instead of a Mexi Strat though you could take a look at some Ibanez RGs or something like that. May be suited a little better for shred than the Fender.
Gear:
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
true, but i'd rather get one with out a floyding bridge but nice coheed & cambria avatar
Quote by Holy Katana

I personally prefer the tone of the tremonti to mexi strats but it's your choice. If you want a guitar specifically for shred why not buy an ibanez like suggested above. The ibanez rg321mh is a really smooth playing guitar with a thin neck and good upper fret access. It's also a fixed bridge guitar so the tuning is really reliable, have a look

www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=67798

edit: just saw your post saying you don't want a floyd, the rg321mh should be perfect
the rg321mh has one without a floating bridge and theyre are some models without floating bridges so its just one you gotta find and like
Getting an Ibanez doesn't mean you're getting a floating bridge. I'm not realy knowledgable on Ibanez guitars because I don't really care for the body shapes of super-strat guitar styles, so these guys would probably be much more of a help.

If you're really against Ibanez though, maybe look at some Schecters?

And thank you, I do adore my Co&Ca.
Gear:
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
yea i don't really like the RG bodys i find them heavy i've owned a RG370DX and a Ibanex SA220FMbut i traded those in for the tremonti, and i've tryed some Schecters and there quite cool but i don't live near any schecter dealers but this was the fender i was checking out http://www.machinehead.co.uk/images/fender-jpg/stdstratblumap-lg.jpg
Quote by Holy Katana