so which songs are basically flawless, in your opinion. I think there are relatively few I've heard...even my favorite song, A Day In The Life is not flawless (i'm certain because I like the anthology version more, but that's not perfect either since it's missing the final chord). so what songs, to you, have everything they need and nothing they don't?

Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing - Castles Made Of Sand is a little bit better, but this is a bit more flawless.
John Coltrane - Naima - such reserved playing, and a beautiful progression
Beethoven - 5th Symphony - i can't comprehend the level of genius it takes to write something that at no point dips for half an hour. it starts with the best "riff" ever, and never stops being brilliant.
The Beatles - Yesterday - my favorite acoustic song ever
Neil Young - Tell Me Why - this is as good as he gets, imo
Bob Dylan - Mr. Tambourine Man - perhaps my favorite bob lyrics, especially the last verse, with a fantastic song to lay them over.
Don McLean - American Pie - yet another feat of endurance, because it's really hard for such a long song to do so much right, but it's incredible to me.
Django Reinhardt - Minor Swing - it's been stuck in my head over a year. not kidding at all.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Wings - band on the run
Led Zeppelin - Every song they ever made... jk The Battle of Evermore
The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money
Led Zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er
And as a matter of fact i like songs that are made to not be perfect like Barenaked Ladies - If i had $1000000 where they just start talking in the middle of the song
Last edited by Ledzepdoublenek at Jul 12, 2006,
Imagine- John Lennon... the words, the piano, everything, amazing.
"Being sober on a bus is completly different that bein' drunk on a bus"- Ozzy

My lyrics
dire straits-money for nothing
eric clapton-tears in heaven
bruce springsteen-born to run, and devils and dust
Korn - Divine - idk it just everything about it sound awesome. it has the hook and the catchy riffs.
System of A Down - Highway Song - One of their songs about love. It has the great everything in it.
The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez - the latin/disco sounding riffs make this one of their best songs ever.
Buckethead - Big Sur Moon - No words are ever spoken, but one of the best Acoustic guitar solo things ive ever heard.
Led Zepplin - Achilles Last Stand - A very long song. but it has such a great solo and verse. its awesome.
there are some that i can think of in this time. maybe more later
OMG you admitted to liking korn and soad, you better delete that before some of the metal heads come in riding there new ego fueled cars to bitch you out .

#7 Member of "The Mars Volta Fan Club"
The Ramones-I Believe in Miracles
Linkin Park-In The End
Linkin Park-Numb
In my mind these songs are flawless. They all have great riffs, the instruments blend together perfectly, and the lyrics are meaningful and easy to connect with.
^ that ramones song is indeed fantastic.

i was just reminded of radiohead, so i'll say creep. not their best song, but it's perfect from start to finish. if i'm to add a few new songs, let's say Hard To Explain by the Strokes and Fell In Love With A Girl by white stripes.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
elliott smith - sweet adeline
- condor ave
nick drake - from the morning
bob dylan - with god on our side
- like a rolling stone
the beatles - when im sixty four (this song just always make me happy)
bob marley - get up stand up
radiohead - karma police

thats what i can think of right now...
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, Into the Void, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Heaven and Hell
Rainbow - Stargazer
Neil Young - Cowgirl in the Sand, Like a Hurricane
Judas Priest - Painkiller
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Mozart's Requiem in D Minor K. 626. ...so he didn't write all of it so what...he sketched out most of it before he died anyways.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Nine Inch Nails-Closer,Hurt
A perfect circle-3 Libras
Tool-Disposition,Stinkfist,Eulogy,a lot more.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
Radiohead - "How to Disappear Completely"
Bach - Toccata & Fugue in D Minor
Bob Dylan - "Mr. Tambourine Man" (amen, threadstarter!)
David Bowie - "Starman"
Mozart - Rondo Alla Turka
Led Zeppelin - "The Rain Song"