I was reading the most recent Bass Guitar magazine (Flea and Bootsy) on a whim (I'm a proud subcriber to the vastly superior Bass Player mag and they were reviewing the new EBMM HH and HS Stingray's and Sterlings.

I was interested to see on the side that it said "The new humbucker configurations can be ordered as an upgrade on an older model for 100$".

What exactly does this mean? Could I concievably (i'm not considering it at the moment) send in my SR to EB and have them fit a second humbucker and pickup selector on it or soemthing? I was unable to find any information on the web regarding such a procedure.

Any info? Thanks
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
You could probably send an email to the guys over at Ernie Ball, and they woud probably tell you.
Ask the EBMM forums. Sterling Ball posts there, so you'll get the best answer possible.
haha
lol all the techs post there, its a great community. Just go over nad make one post, they'll probably reep you with more info than you needed but you'll get your answer and befriend 80 dealers. Really.

Its a good place... just not a very bassy place. Much more of a... Ernie Ball Music Man obsessed place. Im a huge MM fan, but I dont think I could limit myself to just one brand of bass on principle alone... those guys live and die by Ernie Ball.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
At first i thought they meant as a upgrade to a older design bass, but rereading it made me think, and $100 is pretty cheap TBH. i'd definately ask at the EB forums
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I visited the forums once a while back and spent like 20 minutes looking through just one guys collection of like 50 bongos.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
I visited the forums once a while back and spent like 20 minutes looking through just one guys collection of like 50 bongos.

Jack is good people.

EBMM is definately a "Live EBMM die EBMM" kinda board (and a lotta fans are like that).
Ibanez board is kinda like that too.
ESP forum has lots of other brands okay'd, though.
haha
Quote by Yertle

yeah Jack is a good guy. He sold me his first Bongo .
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Quote by UtBDan
yeah Jack is a good guy. He sold me his first Bongo .

I decided if I ever go with a EBMM product I'll either check out used (TB) markets or buy new from Jack.
haha
thats basically what I decided to do. There was a bongo on talkbass and I clearly didn't have the cash for it, but I posted anyway and then the guy there PMed Jack, Jack Pmed me, and was just so nice about the whole thing.

All other Bongos were selling for about $800-900 and I had the budget of 700ish.

Jack PMs me and he's like I'll do 725 plus shipping, I don't really want to let it go, its my first Bongo, but I have about 90, so whatever.
(I'm paraphrasing.)

It was in my arms within 2 weeks.
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
Quote by UtBDan
thats basically what I decided to do. There was a bongo on talkbass and I clearly didn't have the cash for it, but I posted anyway and then the guy there PMed Jack, Jack Pmed me, and was just so nice about the whole thing.

All other Bongos were selling for about $800-900 and I had the budget of 700ish.

Jack PMs me and he's like I'll do 725 plus shipping, I don't really want to let it go, its my first Bongo, but I have about 90, so whatever.
(I'm paraphrasing.)

It was in my arms within 2 weeks.

I picked up a bongo the other day (finaly) and to tell you the truth, I wasn't that impressed with it. Spent about an hour with it running through a GK halfstack, and to me it seemed like any other bass with active pickups.