OK, so i already have a hellraiser, and i like it. however, a friend at my local music store is offering to trade it for a c-1 classic or elite. i have never played them though. my question is: what C-1 is the best in versatility, sounds, sustain, action, and all that stuff? I play every genre of music but mostly prog metal and jazz-oriented stuff.
If you're into the metal stuff, I'd keep the hellraiser, if you're looking for more versatility the classic, or blackjack, anything with the JB/59 or jazz combo will be more versatile than the EMG equipped hellraiser. I love my blackjack, very good instrument, although I'm looking for a heavier tone for metal so I will be upgrading the pups, the JB is good with a pole piece adjustment, although it still isn't the greatest for heavy metal and is suited more towards classic and hard rock.
classic looks cooler on fretboard, but elite has that sexy, sexy binding
[edit: yes, this is a very technical assesment of the two guitars *coughs*]
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
yea thanks a lot man. oh and i should've mentioned im getting an ec-1000 with a JB/fiddynine combo. I just needed a second opinion to make sure.
Quote by J.MitMetallica
classic looks cooler on fretboard, but elite has that sexy, sexy binding
[edit: yes, this is a very technical assesment of the two guitars *coughs*]

While that may be true, you can never underestimate the shiny and sparklyness of a guitar.
indeed you cannot, i am working in a guitar shop ATM and we had the C1-elite in, and it looks great with its cool bound edges, but i am a fan of cool shiny crazy fretboard stuff if it doesnt look naff...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Classic possibly has the best sustain of the C-1 series as it's a neck through construction with hard tail bridge.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by sashki
Doesn't the classic have a set neck?

It is the coolest looking, if anyone cares, and it's probably the best sounding and versatile, with seymour duncans and 5 way split wiring.

No - It's neck thru. I own one.

Further Proof:
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

Select "Guitars" in the upper right hand corner. Under "C Series" Select the Classic. In "Construction/Scale" it says Neck-thru.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Doesnt the elite come standard with Duncan Designed pups? I saw one in the store with those, and if the Elite you were going to trade for has 'em, I would get the Classic. But if you play more metal, you may want to keep the Hellraiser, because of the EMGs.
If you can, get a C-1 Exotic. It's got two humbuckers with coil splits, a flat fingerboard and a glued on neck. It's very versital, and mine's beautiful!
Woh Woh, you're actually considering trading a HELLRAISER for anything? Hellraisers kick @$S
Quote by ClayJohnson
Woh Woh, you're actually considering trading a HELLRAISER for anything? Hellraisers kick @$S

One of the few Schecters that have a model with a trem on it too.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by Bazilisck311
No - It's neck thru. I own one.

Further Proof:
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

Select "Guitars" in the upper right hand corner. Under "C Series" Select the Classic. In "Construction/Scale" it says Neck-thru.

The page doesn't work today...

If it really is a neck thru then I'll get one!
On the life of my unborn child, the Schecter C-1 Classic is a neck-thru construction. If you still don't believe me, then I will take a picture of the back side of my instrument and post it.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by Bazilisck311
On the life of my unborn child, the Schecter C-1 Classic is a neck-thru construction. If you still don't believe me, then I will take a picture of the back side of my instrument and post it.

Dude don't worry, I believe you! I checked the site just now. Your kid's gonna live.
<Insert "I told you so">
Ibanez JEM 7VWH