Im thinking of selling my crappy guitar and amp and buy a Fender 60 years anniversay stratocaster and a Vox 15 watt amp. so what do you guys think?
way better than your starting gear, tho 15 watts won't go very far
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
how about a 30 watt vox then? im not going to use it at gigs and so on, just to have at home
Are we talking an AC15? If so then not bad, although you probably want to be sure it's the Vox tone you're after.
its the AD15VT vox, heard som sound clips of it and i love it
the soundclips are almost never as good because the people that do those are profressionals and can make a squire amp sound good sometimes, id try it out urself but either way vox vts are nice
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

yeah i know what you mean One heard a skilled guitarist shread on a crappy no name guitar and it sounded really good but i have your blessings to buy the stuff?
Well the AD15 isn't all that loud. You'll probably find it isn't that long until you need something bigger. I'd get a cheaper strat and a better amp.
ok so what strat do you reccomed then? and i dont play so loud either
The mexican strat is good, but it won't suit everyone. The mexican Deluxe series are good too if you're looking for 'special features' (which are useless, but the guitar still sounds nice).

The american strat is awesome. Great tone, versatile, but it's way overpriced.

I've never tried an anniversary strat...
ok, well ill try the anniversary heard it was good and it's cheap
The 60th aniversary is such a rip off. Its just a standard but it says "60th aniversary" for a lot more. Get somthing else. A standard with new pickups and then a 30 watt Vox (if thats the most you can spend)
15 watts will feedback like crazy if you go even a lil loud, i'd get a 30 watt
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
So obviously there can't be two guitar playing Amirs in the world, eh?

Idiot
gibsonbrothers, no I'm not the Amir ur thinking of

"The 60th aniversary is such a rip off. Its just a standard but it says "60th aniversary" for a lot more. Get somthing else. A standard with new pickups and then a 30 watt Vox (if thats the most you can spend)"

Well the anniversary is a standard with other pickups and some other smal thing so it's not completly a stock standard strat
60's edition is just an 04 or 05 strat with special colors on it lol, as far as the vox goes i hope its tube, what is your budget?
Gear:
72' Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
MIM Telecaster Relic.
Gibson SG Standard
Peavey Classic 100 w/
72' Marshall Spec Ed. 4x12
my budget is 1383.1641 USD lol currency converters is the ****
but the anneversary has tex-mex pups, but so is for example the fat strat better?
personally if I were you I'd buy a Mexican Strat for now (play a bunch to find the right one) then buy a nice tube amp with your big budget (Peavy 30 Classic is a good choice) then a little later sway out the pickups and tuners on the mexi strat and you got yourself a pretty good rig. (by the way check out my gear in my sig)
Gear:
Fender '72 Telecaster Custom Black
Fender American Strat Chrome Blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry (Jazz/JB)
Takamine EG530SSC (acoustic)
VOX AD50VT
Ibanez Tube Screamer
E-H Deluxe Memory Man
Quote by amir_
ok so what strat do you reccomed then? and i dont play so loud either

I would stick with the 15W amp, you really dont need anything like 30 if your your playing in the house only.

if you were playing in the house with a drummer i would say go above 30W....for gigs, more.

but the selection is great i think.
sounds good, but i really want a new strat, or maby there are good used ones at the new guitar store that just opened
you have that much. i would get a peavey classic 30 combo like slugger said and prob a late 90s american(corona build) strat or tele.
Gear:
72' Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
MIM Telecaster Relic.
Gibson SG Standard
Peavey Classic 100 w/
72' Marshall Spec Ed. 4x12
so you guys suggest that buying a new strat is a BAD idea? and i havn read so much about tube amps, but can u play som rock wit them or is is it just clean and blues music?
I have a new American Fender Strat with a VoxAD50VT amp which you could get for your budget and I personally love it, I'd go that route if a new strat is what you really want, I love my combo, and I think you would be satisfied with it as well
Gear:
VOX AD50VT
Ibanez Tube Screamer
E-H Deluxe Memory Man
one more thing, the ad15VT is not really a tube amp right? it's "digital", correct me if im wrong, but effect pedals doesnt like digital amps?
my tubescreamer and memory man deluxe like my vox AD50VT it sounds great through, just probably not quite as good as through a say Vox AC30
Gear:
VOX AD50VT
Ibanez Tube Screamer
E-H Deluxe Memory Man
with that money get something more then a 15watt, even if it's for just at home you'll get alot of feedback like mentioned above, and when no one is home you'll want to turn it up a little, but the Vox's are amazing. I dont know much about fenders tho, not my favorite guitars, but i woudln't spend alot on a guitar and only 150 on a 15watt amp..get the 30 (atleast)