I'm looking at this guitar for my first electric (I play bass)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Gibson-SG-G310-White-Electric-Guitar-NR_W0QQitemZ250006433385QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33037QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do they sound good because I want to play Blues/Rock and im short so I need one that I will be easy to play.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
The G-400 is a mile better. An SG really should have a set neck.
Not missing a tuner. One of them is turned to the side, so it looks like it is gone. I agree for $51 who cares if it sounds good. It will get you started.
Quote by im_hungry
its missing a tuner

the tuner is turned sideways you twat waffle

And yes, they are that bad. The Gibson SG specials aren't that great, I'd hate to see the epiphone. But as a beginners guitar AND for $51, its good enough. Better than what I had.
Dickless.
^ no its not, look again
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by im_hungry
its missing a tuner

It's just the angle. At that price, how can one go wrong, but then again, it's got 4+ days to go, so ...

Bottom line, a kickass tube amp may/can compensate for some of the inferior components, whether it's the wood or PUs. And since it's your 1st guitar, it should be a cool starter. Good Luck!
They're worse...Ugh...I hate Epis....if you want a good guitar wo with a strat, they can be cheap too, and they can play blues like no one's business, as someone said, Mexican Strats are good
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
Quote by MetalMilitia212
the tuner is turned sideways you twat waffle

What's a twat Waffle?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Its not $51 look at the shipping cost. I can't get the mexi strat because I have only saved up $160 so far
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by findingmyway
Its not $51 look at the shipping cost. I can't get the mexi strat because I have only saved up $160 so far

Save up more, that guitar isn't worth it XD Trust me, only Custom Shop Epis are good, and you ain't getting one with only 160 dollars man, sorry x.x

Save up for a mexican strat x.x
Gear:
Gibson LP
Marshall
DF-7 Foot Peddle
If you are sure that you are going to stick with guitar and really practice then I would save up for a nicer guitar. If not and you just want to mess around a little on guitar then go for the cheap sg.
i wouldnt buy that (at least, not from him, bad feedback)

but like some have said, if you are gonna do blues/rock, a strat will probably be the best way to go
I've tried one before and the neck was horrible. It was a fairly bad guitar if I remember it. Then I tried the G400 and purchased it. The g400 is indeed a mile better.
The G400 is decent, don't bother with anything lower from Epiphone.

That guitar is not going to go for $51