hi, i was just looking for an anwser to my question on here but couldn't find one, i'm sorry if i missed one.

anyway, i did a real foolish thing , i ordered some humbuckers for my little project and then realized the i have no clue how to wire them on a strat body.

here is the wireing example from the place where i ordered them from, http://axesrus.com/images/ACTIVES.jpg.

if you notice there are 2 volume pots and 2 tone pots, but a strat only has 1 volume and 2 tone, so i've been racking my brain on this problem and came up with the pic at the bottom.....

but i dont know if it will work because i haven't got all the pots and other stuff yet, thought i'd check to see if it can be done first.

if anyone could tell me how to do it or draw me an example, that would be great, and this is my first time wireing a guitar so please be gentle .

thanks in advance.
Attachments:
wireing01.jpg
Battery ? These pickups would be the active variety then ? Ill draw you up a diagram if you would care to wait a moment
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 w/ Swineys
Fender Standard Telecaster w/ Duncans
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Just go to the Fender website and look at the layout for the H-H strats. Or go to www.guitarelectronics.com. You're better off getting a custom 5 way switch with 20 tabs rather than 8. You can wire them for some cool coil tapping. Or make the guitar a H-S-H.
Hi, I'm Peter
I'll draw you up something. Since you're rewiring everything:

-I think you'd find it more convenient to have 2 volume controls and 1 tone?
-what kind of toggle switch? the 3 way fender type? 3 way gibson type?

Quote by Dirk Gently
You can wire them for some cool coil tapping. .

not possible unless you've got 4 conductor humbuckers, which I don't think even exist in active form
Last edited by seljer at Jul 12, 2006,

There ya go ask me if you want it drawing up a bit better like on the computer or something
Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
with 2 volume controls, 1 master tone, a a gibson style switch since I suck at Fender switches

though looking at things, take olix's layout, and the wires coming from each of the pickups are basically the green ones in my diagram, and the one thats going to his volume control is the purple one in my one
I feel ashamed of my layout at the professionalism of yours seljer! lol

Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
That curved line tool in MS Paint () is pretty neat, i forgot it was there
I Wish i had MS Paint....Tis much easyer at drawing quick diagrams than Photoshop ! lol But seen as i have a Mac - MS Paint isnt available to me and there isn't an equivalent !! ARGH lol

Anyways - before we hijack Krads thread - I wish you luck in your wiring adventure and you got two diagrams to go from, to give you two different options

Guitars
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
oh my god, you guys rule, i wasn't expecting an answer so quick.

thank you, thank you, thank you, i'll try them when i've got the rest of the parts

thanxs again
on the wireing example from the site where i got these humbuckers from it uses .47 caps, does that mean i have to use .47 caps or can i use any??

thanks
you can use practically any cap but the range where your tone control comes in might be shifted dramatically. Try one the standard .22uF or .47uF caps to see which suits your more