Has anyone out there played a epi goth explorer.I play a lot of rythm like Metallica I want something with a good rythm and a heavy distortion but I only have about 400 to spend. Thanks
I guess it's alright. Have you played any other epiphone? It'll probably sound the same. It just looks gay, in my opinion, but it sounds alright. It's very solidly built, too, for its price.
Quote by shocker
Has anyone out there played a epi goth explorer.I play a lot of rythm like Metallica I want something with a good rythm and a heavy distortion but I only have about 400 to spend. Thanks

I have one which I got used, very solid mahogany body, set neck, sounds very good on my Fender Hotrod Deville, etc. The only reason I upgraded the stock PUs was because I got the Burstbuckers for free.
i havnt played the explorer, but my friend has the goth V. if it is any similarities, it isnt that great. not that comfortable to hold (i think an explorer would me less comfortable) the thing didnt stay in tune that well, and was prone to unwanted feedback.

could have been a lemon, but thats my 2 cents
I had one, but traded it in for an ESP. Epiphone Guitars are low-end Gibsons man. Go for an ESP EC-400 or something. You'll get the Les Paul look with EMG's... Wicked guitars for the money.

Cheers
Quote by constantchill
I had one, but traded it in for an ESP. Epiphone Guitars are low-end Gibsons man. Go for an ESP EC-400 or something. You'll get the Les Paul look with EMG's... Wicked guitars for the money.

Cheers

No, shit Gibson makes epiphones. And alot of the time, Epiphones are much better than the Gibsons.

I'd say just get a regular Epi Explorere and upgrade the pickups to something with a little more crunch. My choice would be Dimarzio Super Distortion, but everyone has their own prefrences. If I were to get an Epi Explorer, I'd change the pickups and also the hardwear to chrome, because gold just looks tacky. There's my 2 cents.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.