double lockin trems keep the guitar it tune for awhile i say get that and some of the biggest brands are:floyd rose, Kalher, and Ibanez
what guitar do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Vantage
the Ibanez GRG170DX...floating bridge

dont waste the money. It'll cost probably as much as the guitar itself.

find a cheap edge pro on ebay.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
you really have to decide (a) if it's worth it (as funky says, a decent floyd will run you at leat $170 new, which is almost as much as your guitar is worth) and (b) if it'll fit or not- www.floydrose.com have routing templates on their website.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The GRG170DX isnt equipped with floyd rose, its a FAT10 Ibanez bridge. You'd have to route the body following certain templates to install a floyd rose, you'd need to drill holes for the anchors, its too much of a work. Just save your cash and get a S470, used RG570 or RG1570. That is if you want it recessed, coz lo-pro, edge pro or edge needs to be installed on a routed body.

Not sure about non-recessed OFR though, but still its a waste of cash IMHO, you'd probably need to route the hole inside too to make it larger for the OFR to be able to dive properly.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jul 13, 2006,
yeah, but again it'll cost you more than the guitar's worth- if you're sure you want a floyd, you'd be better selling your current ibanez, and putting that (and the cash for the new trem + routing) towards a guitar that already has a (good) floyd. IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, but again it'll cost you more than the guitar's worth- if you're sure you want a floyd, you'd be better selling your current ibanez, and putting that (and the cash for the new trem + routing) towards a guitar that already has a (good) floyd. IMO.

i think i'd just sell and get a s470...

thanks for the help guys
^ exactly- check out the washburn x40 pro, schecter c1fr (if you can still get them), and schecter hellraiser, ibanez rg1570, jackson sl3 and the ESP/LTD 1000 series guitars with locking trems as well if you can afford them.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ exactly- check out the washburn x40 pro, schecter c1fr (if you can still get them), and schecter hellraiser, ibanez rg1570, jackson sl3 and the ESP/LTD 1000 series guitars with locking trems as well if you can afford them.

SL3?...1k... + it's a neck thru

i'm sticking with the S470 or RG1570...

Edit:Wait! how much is the Washburn X40?
^ i assume it's reasonably priced, it's a similar price to the s470 here (i haven't tried it, though).

EDIT: what's wrong with neck-thru?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i assume it's reasonably priced, it's a similar price to the s470 here (i haven't tried it, though).

EDIT: what's wrong with neck-thru?

if it breaks...i'm screwed

is the RG570 any good?

edit:actually nvm what i said...i'm just getting a fooking Les Paul
Last edited by Vantage at Jul 13, 2006,