Well, I've decided to start saving up for a amp to replace my SS peavy. My budget ideally would be around $700-750. I play alittle bit of anything, but I've taken a liking to the tone of Green Day around and before Dookie, and bands like The Living End, The Clash, Replacements, Ramones, stuff like that. I figure a Marshall would be good, but there's a bunch of different combos. JCM, DSL, TSL, eh, I get confused.
The Peavey Valveking.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by LethalAe86TypeR
The Peavey Valveking.

I'd say go with a JCM model out of those, though I've never played a DSL.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan

I'd say go with a JCM model out of those, though I've never played a DSL.

Valveking
Quote by ClayJohnson
Valveking

I played one at the store and IMO the drive left a lot to be desired. The entire thing sounded a little thin. Like a Crate.

Who knows, maybe the tubes in said amp went sour or something. Just from the one I played and the price range he's got, I wouldn't recommend it over a Marshall. I even prefer the sound of my friend's AVT50 over the ValveKing I played.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan

I played one at the store and IMO the drive left a lot to be desired. The entire thing sounded a little thin. Like a Crate.

Who knows, maybe the tubes in said amp went sour or something. Just from the one I played and the price range he's got, I wouldn't recommend it over a Marshall. I even prefer the sound of my friend's AVT50 over the ValveKing I played.

Yeah, my friend gave me his peavey transtube after getting a ValveKing. I tried his valveking a few times, and I dont really like the tone. I have a particular liking to the Marshall tone, and I have tried a few Marshalls out here and there, and always liked them. My GC's marshall selection blows, so I cant even try any out to see what I like there.