what can i do to make my room more soundproof? any ideas will be accepted because i need a way to make sure the sound of my amp does not get away to the rest of my house
the cheapest way to soundproof your room is to take everything off your walls and tape/glue egg cartons all over it.
Originally Posted by acousticpyro23
Bitch get off my nuts.

Originally Posted by Vigilantius
I asked my mom for a cell phone once, and she said I don't have any friends anyways.
Quote by 86th fret
the cheapest way to soundproof your room is to take everything off your walls and tape/glue egg cartons all over it.

Would that really work?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
it works to a small degree. It only stops soundwaves of a certain wavelength. Proper soundproofing costs a lot of money. You can buy soundproof tiles
Quote by ClayJohnson
yah, but not as good as sound foam something like this

those are expensive, and wouldnt you go deaf from soundwaves that loud echoing all over your room or garage?
Bitch get off my nuts.

I asked my mom for a cell phone once, and she said I don't have any friends anyways.
Get some of those foam pads that people put on top of mattresses if they aren't soft enough. Put 'em on the walls & ceiling if you can. They're cheaper than acoustic foam but won't work quite as well.

EDIT:

The foam would absorb the soundwaves, not reflect them.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
^x2. It stops the sound from echoing, it absorbs it instead of bouncing it around.

and cardboard works well.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

the foam tiles donn't reflect the sound. They dampen the sound, much like curtains do. You could stick curtains all over your walls
if you take blankets and tack them to the ceiling and the wall so that they cover up all of the 90 degree angles, you will have a lot less echo in the room.
I don't think it would be a good idea anyways, playing loud in a small room is gonna seriously damage your ears.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by mikb
the foam tiles donn't reflect the sound. They dampen the sound, much like curtains do. You could stick curtains all over your walls

They'd have to be really thick curtains. Like stage curtains.
that is gonna be one ****ed up room. egg cartons, cardboard, blankets..
Bitch get off my nuts.

If the problem you're having is your amp, then the cheapest solution to not annoy the rest of the family is to get a set of headphones (proper ones though).
Unless you've got a proper budget you're going to find it hard to actually soundproof your room.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by edwardthegreat5
I don't think it would be a good idea anyways, playing loud in a small room is gonna seriously damage your ears.

Playing loud in an open area isn't the greatest for your hearing either. Loud is loud, the decibel level is still the same.
I have been working on my garage for a few months now and I did a lot of research before starting. It realy depends on how "sound proof" you want your room to be. Without spending a huge amount of money - there's really no way to "sound proof" it.

The site I went to (can't remember which one, there are quite a few); address the egg crate issue - "they" pretty much consider egg crates as a waste of time - not much help with sound containment.

One option might be to use accoustical ceiling tiles on your walls and ceiling - mounted on 2x4 frameout that covers everything. Not sure you want to build a room within a room - but, again, not sure what level you ready to jump into.

Yes, you can buy the sound damping tiles - but, be ready to sh*t yourself when you see how much that will cost you.

Hope that helps some....
im thinking about the blankets idea, idc if my room is f'ed up, i only use it to jam n sleep in
Quote by Arpie92
im thinking about the blankets idea, idc if my room is f'ed up, i only use it to jam n sleep in

Make sure they're thick and that you secure them with something other than thumb tacks so they don't fall. Good luck