I am about to by my first top-end guitar and get it done up profesionally. I havent ever changed the pickups in a guitar but i know which ones i want. My question is simply how would i install a SSH pickup pattern when the stock pickups are SSS?
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
either
a) route it out so you can fit a humbucker in there or
b) get one of those pickups that is the size of a single coil but is like a humbucker, i think seymour duncan do them... (hotrails is it?)
well im gettin a hot rails at the bridge and another rails in the middle but i wanna put a full size hummer in the neck. Do i have to get it re-cut?
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Quote by The Unforgaven
well im gettin a hot rails at the bridge and another rails in the middle but i wanna put a full size hummer in the neck. Do i have to get it re-cut?

Yes, you would have to route it to make it fit, but some guitars have cavities large enough for humbuckers(ex. Strat).
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Well im gettin a strat so are all the cavities big enough to fit any sized pup?
Depends on the model, just remove you pickguard and check to see if the holes are big enough.

EDIT-If you're getting a strat, why don't you get a HSS Strat, they cost the same and they already have the cavity for the humbucker.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jul 12, 2006,
Well i want SSH not HSS
Oh, well I'd ask if the Strat already has a cavity big enough for the humbucker.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
ight ill do tht