Poll: Which guitar should I get!??!?!
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should I get!??!?!
199 $ new york pro
0 0%
199 $ slammer
2 4%
deadly expensive gibson or fender
48 96%
Voters: 50.
theres this 199 dollar new york pro brand electric guitar at my local music store...there are also tons of fenders and gibsons that cost like 500 dollars....and theres also this brand called SLAMMER for 199 dollars...which one should i get??
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
Whichever feels best. I'd be wary of the cheapos, but if you try them, they may turn out good. I have a £99 SG that rocks out. Don't underestimate the cheapos, but if they don't feel good or seem poorly built, steer well clear and go for the Squinders and Gibbophones.

Also, the advantage of cheap guitars is they are like disposable cameras. You don't need to get precious over 'em. Get carried away at a gig? No matter, it won't break the bank to replace.
Last edited by Vermintide at Jul 12, 2006,
You've got to be crappin' me........... A FENDER OR GIBSON COSTING $500?! They must be Epiphones and Squiers, because Fenders and Gibsons usually run for $800 and up. I've never heard of New York Pro, but I can tell you this, try out the guitar and see how it sounds before you buy, because the sound is more important than the price! (in most cases)
you should save money and get the Gibson coz it's a good guitar..if you get a cheap one...i dunno...if i were you i'd buy the "deadly expensive Gibson" one.but hey...It's your choice
GIRL GIRL

Quote by As_I_Lay_Dying5
I stand on this pier at the edge of the world,
Looking out into a burning sea of relentless gases,
And I ask myself all those centuries old questions,
And as I come to realize what we're here for...
My thoughts pass into oblivion.
Quote by Tomthedangerous
You've got to be crappin' me........... A FENDER OR GIBSON COSTING $500?! They must be Epiphones and Squiers, because Fenders and Gibsons usually run for $800 and up. I've never heard of New York Pro, but I can tell you this, try out the guitar and see how it sounds before you buy, because the sound is more important than the price! (in most cases)

..well im not really good at recognizing bad and good sounds..but when i tried the new york pro it sounded pretty cool....oh yea...and the gibsons and fenders are around 500

Quote by qwdudeqw
....oh yea...and the gibsons and fenders are around 500

Have you died and gone to guitarists heaven or something???
I don't know about the New York Pro, but stay away from the slammer because I bought as a starter and it is the worst guitar I have Have played.
Quote by refgerto
Have you died and gone to guitarists heaven or something???

ive seen plenty of fenders for that cheap. standard strats are normally around $350 or around 400 for a sunburst one. also, there are a couple gibsons that are in the range of $500. so im not suprised at all. plus i think in guitarists heaven, even the best axes would probably be free, not even $500

i would buy a $500 fender rather than a $500 gibson, normally you get a little more for the money from fender at that low of a price.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
if you cant answer this question your self then quit guitar.

other then that
get a gibson.
Gear:
72' Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
MIM Telecaster Relic.
Gibson SG Standard
Peavey Classic 100 w/
72' Marshall Spec Ed. 4x12
SPEND ALL THE MONEY YOU CAN POSSIBLY AFFORD

Money is for one thing spending. With guitars YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

You buy a 1000$ fender you will get a great sounding guitar. You spend 200$ and you will get crap.

Also make sure you get a nice amp. Make sure you get a TUBE amp and not a solid state.
New York Pro stratocaster style guitars are around $99 new here. They are really crappy guitars and I would stay away from them.
what kind of gibson? LP? SG?
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
*sigh*.

Pass on the $500 Gibsons. They're most likely Melody Makers or some other POS low end Gibson made of scrap materials.

Out of the choices, I suggest you go for a Fender. Not an expensive one, just a nice playing Fender Standard Strat or Tele-depending on what you play. That should run you about $350-$400.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
*sigh*.

Pass on the $500 Gibsons. They're most likely Melody Makers or some other POS low end Gibson made of scrap materials.

Out of the choices, I suggest you go for a Fender. Not an expensive one, just a nice playing Fender Standard Strat or Tele-depending on what you play. That should run you about $350-$400.

lol..thats not easy..im lookin for a cheaper one...i liked the sound on that new york pro guitar....well..im not going to any concerts anyways..besides, im buying a new house, a drumset, a piano, and a bunch of furniture lol. so i dont think i have that much money to spare..i have like 300 cash rite now..but i have to buy an amp too...so..

Quote by Xenn99
*sigh*.

agreed.. i guarantee any $500 Gibson to be junk. if youre gonna get a gibson, pay the money for a good one.. for now though, go for a Standard Strat or Tele

EDIT:
Quote by qwdudeqw
i have like 300 cash rite now..but i have to buy an amp too...so..

you need more money than that.. i doubt u can get an amp and a guitar for $300 without completely wasting your money. its only gonna discourage you if you get better. save up some more and get back to us

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jul 13, 2006,
Deadly expensive fender or Gibson.
If you find a real gibson anything for 500...buy it.
Fender mexi strats are like 350 around here.

AH .Yea. Dont buy the gibson if it only has one pickup or says melody maker.
It its a special, Go for it.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Zach_F
Deadly expensive fender or Gibson.
If you find a real gibson anything for 500...

youre not gonna get a good gibson for $500. you dont want to get it just kuz its Gibon and its inexpensive. with Gibson, cheaper price means low quality guitar. you have to pay at least $1000 to get your money's worth with Gibson.. unless you find a reeeeeealy good deal on a used one, you dont want a $500 Gibson

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Do not get it, unless you are a super gay noob. I got a New York pro for fun. It sucks ****. Its made out of Agathis and has a ****ty pickup. The bridge is wonders though, stays in tune even with the greatest dive bomb. No locking nut either. But it still sucks. Im just using it to know how to do mods and stuff now.