can anyone recommend a good amp for me? here's what i'm looking for:

-has to be good (a must )
-cheap
-just a beginners amp
-just for the house
-plays good with pedals and experimenting and whatnot

thanks in advance.
fender g-tec are quality amp, great price for the many features. As with most fender amps you get a sweet ass clean tone, even thought its solid state
Quote by AxeAbuser#2
fender g-tec are quality amp, great price for the many features. As with most fender amps you get a sweet ass clean tone, even thought its solid state

I second that.
I was thinking that a Vox AD15VT would be a decent amp for you. It doesn't take pedals all too well, but it has a nice array of built-in effects.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
well. i think what i'm really looking for is a amp that does take in pedals good. i'm gonna get mucho pedals in the long run so i guess i could deal with an amp that just sounds good alone or with pedals and has a good eq.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
What tones are you looking for? Budget?

i'll be playing anything from all branches of rock and some punk. i might do more stuff. i know i'll be looking for hendrix, frusciante, and doug martsch. and i'll want a good clear tone on clean.

my budgets probably around 300 USD max. but i might overlook it if the amp seems to be a must and around 500.
Quote by dr.doctor
well. i think what i'm really looking for is a amp that does take in pedals good. i'm gonna get mucho pedals in the long run so i guess i could deal with an amp that just sounds good alone or with pedals and has a good eq.

The Vox has a bunch of amp models and built-in effects. This eliminates the need for pedals. Some pedals, like an EQ pedal, a compressor, a wah, and a noise gate, still sound fine with the amp. However, here's some sound clips so you can get an idea of how versatile the amp is on it's own:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481958

EDIT: Deffinately check out the sound clips. For the tones you want, this amp will be perfect.
wow yeah that vox looks like it's what i need. and cheap! all's i need is a foot switch and i'm set.

do you know if the clean is good?
Quote by dr.doctor
wow yeah that vox looks like it's what i need. and cheap! all's i need is a foot switch and i'm set.

do you know if the clean is good?

The cleans on the Vox are fantastic. Really mellow sounding. Great for stuff like RHCP.
I have a Peavey Classic 50 for sale. I can sell it to you for maybe a little over 500 shipped. Has an awesome clean tone, takes pedals really well, I can easily play RHCP with a stratocaster, also Im sure would sound like Jimi if you throw a fuzz infront of it.
Quote by dog123
I have a Peavey Classic 50 for sale. I can sell it to you for maybe a little over 500 shipped. Has an awesome clean tone, takes pedals really well, I can easily play RHCP with a stratocaster, also Im sure would sound like Jimi if you throw a fuzz infront of it.

no thanks i found the amp i wanted and it's way cheaper than that.
i think that vox is my way to go unless someone could come in and top it.

nic you got the doctor's seal of approval, your sig is official.
studio pro 112 nice and cheap sounds sweet
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
just wondering.
because in the list of pedals i were going to buy, phaser, delay and chorus were among them.

i see that the delay is taken care of in here, but can you fix the delay time?

and is there a seperate chorus effect? i see that the chorus is mixed with other effects, it'd be dandy if it was alone somewhere. or is it possible to just have the chorus alone in one of the effects?
Quote by dr.doctor
just wondering.
because in the list of pedals i were going to buy, phaser, delay and chorus were among them.

i see that the delay is taken care of in here, but can you fix the delay time?

and is there a seperate chorus effect? i see that the chorus is mixed with other effects, it'd be dandy if it was alone somewhere. or is it possible to just have the chorus alone in one of the effects?

You're able to set the delay time and the modulation speed using a tap button on the amp. Howeverm you can only use one effect at a time. That means that when you're using chorus you can't use other effects with it. However, the footswitch lets you switch between a few user settings, so you can use it to change the effect while you're playing. It doesn't entirely fix the problem, but it's a decent quick fix. Also, if there is one effect that you want to mix with others, then you could just buy that individual pedal.
My reccomendation is an Epiphone Valve Jr. Head, a 2x12 or 1x12 from eBay, and a Decent overdrive pedal to start out. With the overdrive you should get a good punk sound, and they have awesome cleans. And don't let the 5 watt rating scare you, I've heard these things are plently loud.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
OH NO.

the ad15 doesn't include effects loop jacks. on the home site it said that's only featured in the ad100. i'll still wanna wah.
Quote by dr.doctor
OH NO.

the ad15 doesn't include effects loop jacks. on the home site it said that's only featured in the ad100. i'll still wanna wah.

That's not a problem. You can run the wah in front of the amp. Plug a cable into the input jack, plug the wah into it, and then plug your guitar into the wah. That's probably the best way to run a wah pedal anyways.
^ could that way work on any other pedals? may it be that i purchase a few along the run?
Quote by dr.doctor
^ could that way work on any other pedals? may it be that i purchase a few along the run?

Yes, that will work with any pedal. However, if you run a lot of pedal without having a noise gate pedal, then it will get very noisy (humming, buzzing, feedback). I think that for now, all the effects on the amp are good, so you should be able to get away with just a wah.