When you right a good riff, would you be like, "wow thats a sweet riff", or would it just be like.. normal? i dont know how to explain it haha

basically would you be able to distinguish good riffs from bad riffs that you write?

i mean telling a good riff from a really crappy riff should be easy, but when you write something thats like perfect would you be like, wow thats the one.

i hope im making sense
yup exactly, everyones different, most people know as soon as they hear it though, i prefer to have a couple people who have the same musical tastes as myself listen to it and if i can get a 2 out of 3 thumbs up then i keep it (but usually the only things that make it to recording are the songs that get 3 out of 3 thumbs up) me personally when i write a really good riff/song it'll make the hairs stand up on my arms and the back of my neck (i believe its called galvanic skin response) and it's also easier to remember than the crappy ones cuz it's more catchy and has a tendency to stay stuck in your head.
yeah for me i can tell, recently i wrote this riff, after i worked out little timing things and w/e i knew, it was my best yet, haha i ahven written that much, butttt i love this riff sooo much and so does everyone ive shown it to. ull know if uve written something amaaazing
for me to use a riff in a song, it has to be one of those awesome riffs, like make you go "yarr, thats pretty damn cool *nods along*"

i instantly know if im gonna use it or not, once ive found a place for it that is, ive kept on to a couple of years now n still havent found a place for them yet
I get more of a sense of relief because prior to writing the riff I'm a little worried that I won't be able to find the appropriate riff for that particuliar area of the solo.
If it can't withstand the heat of a billion suns then it's worthless
Electric Church