im having alot of trouble with the new guitar i bought, i have ideas why but i dont know which one it is.....

i got a Dean, cheap model (dunno modle) and its a different kind of wood than most others (softer i think) its really light... i got it like a month ago and ive brought it in to be fixed about 3 times now, the first was the thing that the strap attaches to broke off on the one at the top of the body of the guitar, then things came lookse (not a problem) then another thing happened becauise i stepped on the cord or something.
im in a band that goes crazy n whatever, hardcore. lol but my old guitar never broke or anything, and it was super cheap, im thinking this one does becuase the wood? but i dont know, ive tried ducktape, but the thing where the strap attaches is coming loose again.

any suggestions?

i might want to get a new guitar, upgrade, the wood would be the same as my old guitar. (and most)
are you talking about you dont like the sound of you guitar? the tone? or not functionality of it, like the guitar input jack not working etc? because a loose strap lock will not affect your guitar sound. take the metal strap lock off, put a few dead matches in the hole, put a little woof glue in, then place the strap lock back in and tighten. you havent really given a very detailed description on what your main problem is. when you stepped on the cord, did the cord break? open up your input jack on the guitar and see if anything is loose, lmainly check for any dodgey soldering..
Is it strat-style, the wood is most likely basswood.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by AxeAbuser#2
or alder?..

Na, I think he has the Vendetta, which I'm pretty sure is made of basswood.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
thqanks and sry, ill try to say more detail here:

my problem is, the guitar keeps breaking, is that cuz the wood? becuase when im goin nuts i dont wanna hvea to worrry about anything coming off the guitar, and i dont wanna have to go fix it all the time, and no the chord didnt break, the part were u plug it in came out and wood chipped, but i got it all fixed, at a store.

so i was just wondering if there were ways to prevent this, or if this defiently was caused by the wood, then ill get a new guitar. so its not the sound, i like the sound, but the guitar is breaking alot.

hope that gives more detail?