i play my chromatic scale about 80bpm comfortably at 16ths, 92bpm is really sloppy, by next wednesday i want to be at about 120bpm.

QQQ--do i just keep playing at 80 all night, then try for 92?, or do i drop down to 60 all night then try for 92?

also--, when i play on the metronome, (bold is when i pick in unison to the click)

should it be 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4
or
should it be 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1

Ive never practiced this kind of stuff but everyone else here has so i figure it would be a short and sweet answer.
Last edited by howlieboy69 at Jul 12, 2006,
I would stay at what you play well for a while and then move up by about five beats until you get where you want to be.
no, the notes should land on the click at the 1's only...any others and you lost the rhythm...if you can play chromatics comfortably at 80, than play that until it's second nature to you, then increase by 3...do the same...then by 2...etc, i found that 5 is too large of an interval and you will lose control increasing by this much each time...once you get to a speed where you just can't play it cleanly, back it up 5 and make sure you can play it completely clean and without tension before moving on by 1...if you make sure to look at this constantly then you probably won't have to back up
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.