So i'm repainting my guitar, and I saw something that said when you take the neck off of your guitar, you should loosen your truss rod. Now, i'm terrified to even go near it, so I would like to avoid it at all costs, but....

Is this true?
If so, what is a safe time to leave your neck off without lossening the truss rod.

If I have to loosen it, how much? I heard you should only turn it about 1/8th of a turn every hour or so.
www.myspace.com/theflyingelderly
We're Progressive Funk Rock (Frog Rock)

Founding Member of the Vermont Cult
PM Me to join

Quote by magnus_maximus
MAD should do its job and it'll all be hunky-dory.
ive left my neck off for about a month and it wasnt loose after i put it back on and restrung it. if it does loosen for some reason then yeah ive heard to only turn it about 1/8 of a turn per hour. as for how long you can leave your neck off, i dont know, it might depend on the brand of guitar and the type of truss rod.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
Just take your neck off, and forget about it. Unless you're leaving it off the body for a year +, don't worry about the truss rod. The only advice I can give you is to lay it down on the fretboard, so incase the temperature/humidity changes it won't warp.
i recently painted my guitar and didn't touch the truss rod. it came out fine.

just remember not to paint the neck cavity.
thx guys. I don't know what I would do without UG.

As for my guitar, it's only a cheap Fernandes. I've been planning on upgrading soon anyway, but I thought a cool paintjob would suffice for the time being.
www.myspace.com/theflyingelderly
We're Progressive Funk Rock (Frog Rock)

Founding Member of the Vermont Cult
PM Me to join

Quote by magnus_maximus
MAD should do its job and it'll all be hunky-dory.
screw the sound as long as you look good...lol....j/k, before i get flamed for that it was just a joke.

beside mods are a good way to learn your way around the inside of a guitar so you don have to take it to a tech all the time. believe it or not when i started playing, everytime i broke a string i had to take it to a tech and have him restring it and tune it up for me. luckily i had a good guitar that held tune really well and i didnt know about alt. tunings. dont laugh at me.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.