I've seen it a thousand times. I've seen it in tons of videos, like for Coheed and Cambria and stuff, but I never actually wondered, what is it for.

What is it's purpose? I'd imagine it wasn't just for show, does anyone own one, can you tell me what it's for?
Double headers (i assume thats what u are talking about) are used for playin a song that has 2 different tunings. u dont want to be switching guitars in the middle of a song do u?
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
A 12 string neck and a 6 string neck. Watch live versions of "Stairway to Heaven".
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
or as zofar said 1 is 12 strings 1 is 6
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
i have a ? about this. I saw a picture of SVR? i think and some other dude playing a double neck.. one was playing the bottom one and one was playing the 12-string. Is this possible?? I mean only one of them would work right?
ok i got a n00b question to add to this what is the point of a 12 string i know that its 2 string together like 6 strings but 2 in each spot

better sound or something?
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Quote by feenux258
ok i got a n00b question to add to this what is the point of a 12 string i know that its 2 string together like 6 strings but 2 in each spot

The extra strings on the Low E-G are tuned an octave up and the ones one the B and high E are tuned in unison. It's just a different sound, not neccessarily better or worse. Listen to Stairway or any Byrds song.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by feenux258

sounds like 2 guitars
Dickless.

This is what I'm talking about.

I always assumed one was tuned differently, but never sure.
yea, 1 guitar is usually a six string and one is a twelve string. or both are six strings and one is tuned differently.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by long gone
i have a ? about this. I saw a picture of SVR? i think and some other dude playing a double neck.. one was playing the bottom one and one was playing the 12-string. Is this possible?? I mean only one of them would work right?

Dude, it was SRV jamming with is brother on the same guitar.
i've seen this awesome double neck where it was a bass and a guitar

and the dude from Cheap Trick has a 5 neck guitar
with a 12string, a fretless, a tele-style, and then maybe a standard and then alternate tune for the other 2 necks
Quote by The Pickle Man
If that's the best Chicago has to offer then... well... too bad for Chicago, I guess.
Quote by metaljunkie

with a 12string, a fretless, a tele-style, and then maybe a standard and then alternate tune for the other 2 necks

Yea I've seen that. It must weigh a ton. the body of the guitar goes from his armpit to his thigh.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Quote by Chorduroy
Wow. Tha tlooks cool. Who makes that model?

From the headstock it looks like that ****tard, Ed Roman

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Quote by metaljunkie

He has multiple 5 neckers and they are a bit different. all have at least a 12 string and fretless but the in between combinations are different.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Quote by metaljunkie

where the hell did he get that guitar????????????????
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
custom made..ive seen them live..(first concert ever) i was like 10

well the SG???? the double neck one..one is a 12 string and one is a 6

the funny thing is..in that video of coheed and cambria..he never once touchs the 12 sting...it bugs the hell outta me
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
I remember when Cheap Trick came to wolftrap not to long ago. and then he pulled out the 5 guitar in one. pretty cool.
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers
Last edited by JonisAlexander at Jul 14, 2006,
Quote by metallaro
where the hell did he get that guitar????????????????

Hamer Custom shop

Quote by numbfinger
the funny thing is..in that video of coheed and cambria..he never once touchs the 12 sting...it bugs the hell outta me

Perhaps he doesn't touch it in the video it's been a while since I've wat hed it but he does actually use it when playing the song, he uses the 12 string neck during the chorus
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Same with zak wylde with ozzy live in budokan, some people use them to look cool

but zakk uses the twelve string neck
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
Quote by numbfinger

Oh he does, he definately does. During that soft shimmery breakdown. It's in the video, but the camera is often not focusing on him... and he only does it like once...

Sorry, I'm kind of a big fan....
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
i've seen them lots of ways, 12+6 string, 6 string+4 string bass, and steve vai has one with 3 necks, 1 standard 6 string, 1 12 string, 1 6 string with a floyd rose

possiblilities are endless man

pretty nifty is you ask me
Quote by JadeFalcon5
i've seen them lots of ways, 12+6 string, 6 string+4 string bass, and steve vai has one with 3 necks, 1 standard 6 string, 1 12 string, 1 6 string with a floyd rose

possiblilities are endless man

pretty nifty is you ask me

steve's has one standard with floyd, twelve string and a fretless, if you are talking about the g3 one. he also has a triple neck with a baritone, standard and twelve string
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Quote by long gone

it might have been steve vai and malmsteen
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
Bow down

Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Quote by curtis loew
steve's has one standard with floyd, twelve string and a fretless, if you are talking about the g3 one. he also has a triple neck with a baritone, standard and twelve string

THATS IT!

i knew something didnt sound right when i wrote it >_<, ones fretless : P

M.A.B.'s double guitar, is crazy...

lemme get a video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9FLWzpMvdA

there ya go, have fun kiddo's