I know they're good for shredding, but are they any good for playing metal(Megadeth, Testament, Metallica)?
i have one in the bridge of my c-1. best decision ive made with that guitar. it's amaaazing. i like to play a lot of tool, deftones, ratm, soad type music so i know it can cover the bases.

it's also very clear and effects are awsome with it.

They arent necissarily good for Shredding. It's a bit more complicated than that. The Evo range of pickups have alot of mid range... Kindof a weird feel to it, and as I know little of Megadeth's tone or Testaments tone I'll go off Metallica and say that they probably wont be the best for that scooped Mid sound.

The other thing I'll stress about the Evo is that it is a very clear pickup, don't take it as a doubt in your ability merely a warning that when you play with Evo, your mistakes come through loud and clear. They are very very clear, so that if you are good... You sound really good. If you are bad you sound... Ding ding we have a winner. Really bad.

What kind of guitar do you have, whats your budget, and what amp do you have?
Quote by TheI7ark
They arent necissarily good for Shredding. It's a bit more complicated than that. The Evo range of pickups have alot of mid range... Kindof a weird feel to it, and as I know little of Megadeth's tone or Testaments tone I'll go off Metallica and say that they probably wont be the best for that scooped Mid sound.

The other thing I'll stress about the Evo is that it is a very clear pickup, don't take it as a doubt in your ability merely a warning that when you play with Evo, your mistakes come through loud and clear. They are very very clear, so that if you are good... You sound really good. If you are bad you sound... Ding ding we have a winner. Really bad.

What kind of guitar do you have, whats your budget, and what amp do you have?

I have an Ibanez RG321MH, Randall WH40 and a $300 budget.

Well I am looking for something clear and not so muddy.
I'm gonna take a hunch as I'm not too familiar with the amp. But if I had to guess most of your muddiness is coming from your amp and not your pickups. My experience with low end Ibanez pickups is that they sound more dull than muddy.