Ok

well heres my deal, my birthday is coming up soon and i want to get a new tube amp to upgrade from my spider2 15 watt.

the amps im looking at are,

Peavey XXX combo

Peavey 5150 combo

Peavey 6505 combo

Fender hot rod delux

The thing im wondering is would i be better off to get the fender for its great cleans and add a distortion pedal like the krank distortus maximus or just get one of the peaveys for its metal distorted tone?

I play alot of everything from metal to blues to hardcore.

thanx alot
don't get the fender if you play metal, my friend has one and uses a boss mt-2 metal zone distortion pedal and theres still barely any distortion.
5150=6505

Do you play alot of blues?? Like 50% or more?? Blues Jr (great cleans)
Do you play alot of Pantera or bright sounding stuff like that?? XXX (high gain)
Need EVH's tone or a Uber-Dark-Devilish tone?? 5150 (crappy cleans)

EDIT: Ninja, MT-2's are sh*te
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the peaveys can't do cleans so get the fender and a pedal
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
get a mesa f-30. great cleans and great distortion. ($1000 USD though)
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
All Spiders suck. Accept it. Even the ones with legs.
are the cleans on xxx better then the 6505/5105?

i play mostly bright sounding pantera metal and then some blues not as much. moslteu metal, nu metal and hardcore
I think the XXX should be good for the brighter metal. I like the sound of the 5150 better for hardcore and newer metal. If you want a versatile amp, don't go for one of those. The 5150 is bascically a metal machine. The XXX also but not as much. You could always save up a lot of money and ABY a Fender and a 5150.
this may sound really dumb but is there a pedal that can enhance cleans.

im just so on the fence right now idk what go with!!
You could pick up a chorus for the cleans. It will make them a little better. Use your neck pick up too. They will be livable but I don't see the 5150 doing blues well.
Yeah, chorus and tremolo pedals
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?