Now here is an odd question. I play electric and have no problem, but when I pick up an acoustic I find that not having the world's biggest hands makes it almost impossible to form some chords that are easy on the electric. Does anyone make an acoustic whose strings are closer together, like on an electric? Anyone else have this problem?

Steel string or nylon string.
I can play pentatonic solo's on the 18th fret of my steel string, Same with nylon actually.
But I do have abnormally large hands.
Most steel string necks are fairly thin.
They have to stand up to more pressure too. I believe thats one reason they're thicker.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Zach_F
Steel string or nylon string.
I can play pentatonic solo's on the 18th fret of my steel string, Same with nylon actually.
But I do have abnormally large hands.
Most steel string necks are fairly thin.
They have to stand up to more pressure too. I believe thats one reason they're thicker.

Thanks for your answer. Mine is a steel string, and what I mean is the strings are a little too far apart for me to properly fret every string in a C chord, for example. I can do this pretty easy on the electric, though my electrics do have pretty thin necks. Not sure that makes a difference. Should I tune it down?
I have a Takamine and an Ovation and I find that the neck of the Ovation isn't as wide as that of the Tak. Some guitars are just made that way. If you want one with a thinner neck I would just go to a guitar shop and check out a lot of guitars and find the one you like the best.