I see lots of people recommending the RG1570 and saying "You need to replace the pickups." Are the factory pickups just crappy, and what is a good replacement? I see you can get one of them for about $700-800, but if you are going to have to drop acouple of hundred $$ on new pickups, isnt it just as good to just buy something pricier with good pickups? I think my next guitar will be the JS1000/1200. Anyone got some experience with those?
Well, Ibanez sigs are supposed to be very good, unlike some other company that just sells it for alot cause the name.
I'd also like to know, I will only have enough for the RG 1570 and about $200 extra at the end of the summer, and i'd rather spend the $200 on a Whammy Pedal than pickups to make my $750 guitar sound good.
Well i have the Ibanez Rg1570, and you don't 'need' to relplace the pickups. I havent as yet and it sounds excellent. Better pickups would obviously make it sound better, but the stock ones are actually pretty good.

If you wanna find out for yourself just go pay the damn guitar!
Gear:
Ibnaez RG1570 Prestige
Maton EM225C Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Pedal
i have an Ibanez Artcore, the pickups arent the best but they suit my needs.

just save up after you buy the guitar.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Well if I got the 1750, should I just the stock pups for a few months (prob. getting it in August-September), and get the new pups for Christmas, and use my extra $200 for the Whammy pedal instead?

Im a huge Tom Morello fan, so effects are a must
yeah man. Ibanez pickups arent god awful. just dont sound the best.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...