I was looking at the Foo Fighters Celebrity Rig and noticed that one of them said that Dave Grohl has a Dan Ampeg Armstrong guitar with a Black Flag sticker on it (although I think it's black and Greg's was clear).
Greg's was clear, it got ripped off by some junkie I believe.

That seems to happen to everyone with a semi notable guitar. I can only aspire to play my instrument so hard that I have to waterproof the knobs to stop the sweat and blood from ruining the electronics.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Greg's was clear, it got ripped off by some junkie I believe.

That seems to happen to everyone with a semi notable guitar. I can only aspire to play my instrument so hard that I have to waterproof the knobs to stop the sweat and blood from ruining the electronics.

Is it true that Henry Rollins used to sleep in the van with a pistol because they would get robbed?

Imagine trying to rob Black Flag, opening up the van, and finding Henry Rollins with a gun to your head.
Quote by hardrock1315
Is it true that Henry Rollins used to sleep in the van with a pistol because they would get robbed?

Imagine trying to rob Black Flag, opening up the van, and finding Henry Rollins with a gun to your head.

No man would be able to keep his shorts clean.
He actually had two. One eventually got covered in black electric tape. That one was stolen in 1984. His second one remained clear and was stolen in 1986 and replaced by an Ibanez GRX guitar. Both of them were stolen during load-in to a show. It is true that Henry slept in the van with Chuck Dukowski's handgun.

Look how small that guitar looks on him, he must be huge.
Last edited by pinheadslts75 at Jul 13, 2006,
The dude from Annilation Time has one... and so does the guy from Holy ****! They told me I could play it next time I'm in a band that plays a show with them.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by opivy21
I think they're pretty expensive now.

They run into the thousands (I think) because they're all reissues. The very same thing happened with Mosrite guitars. I find it odd that Johnny Ramone was able to buy one for 50 bucks way back when and now they cost an arm and a leg.
"The four Ampeg/Dan Armstrong models include the ADAG1 guitar and ADAB1 bass in clear, plexiglass with a retail price of $1,499.00 each. The ADAG2 and ADAB2 are the same models in black plexiglass with a list price of $1,549.00."

Not too bad price-wise.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by hardrock1315

Surely Henry Rollins doesn't need a gun? He could just punch you and your head would implode.
Quote by whyvern
The dude from Annilation Time has one... and so does the guy from Holy ****! They told me I could play it next time I'm in a band that plays a show with them.

Yeah grahm has one and he looks insanly goofy while playing it cause so lanky.