What are your thoughts about B.C. Rich guitars? Quality? Playability? Sound? I played the Virgin model today, I thought it was pretty cool.
The high-end models are excellent, but I won't touch anthing that's below $500.

EDIT-You're gonna get alot of people telling you BC sucks, unless they have an NJ/US model, ignore them.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
yeah BC Rich is kind of hit or miss, I love my warlock bass, but i havent ever had any luck with any of thier guitars. From what i hear though, they make excellent begginer guitars and excellent higher end guitars and other than that they arent so hot.
^They make horrid begginer guitars, anything priced under $500 is absolute garbage.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
yea i played the NJ thing, its really cool shaped, wood and finish is awesome. plays.. like a guitar, nothing to special.

about 600 USD i think.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
you could get a much better guitar for much less, but I hear they do make nice basses.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by MetalMilitia212
you could get a musch better guitar for much less, but I hear they do make nice basses.

Yes you can, I wouldn't know much about their basses, haven't played any lately.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
yeah ive had far better luck with thier basses than wth thier guitars, but i did play a budget level BC Rich recently that wasnt to bad, nothing to write home about but it wasnt horrible, it had better tone than the squier i played immediately after it, felt kind of cheap though.
Considering I won't have any money for a decent amp for a couple of years, I decided to get a 2nd hand Mockingbird with that Firebreather bodyart. It looked good, it had 24 frets, I was happy. I hardly ever play my guitar plugged in.

It's still on lay-buy for $460AU, but since it was the only one there that looked good, had 24 frets, and was relatively cheap, I got it.
DO NOT GET A B.C RICH!!/ALL of them suckIf you want to be taken seriously as a guitar player DO NOT GET ONE.Just because slipknot uses them doesnt mean you should.(slipknot sucks so i guesse a bc suites them)
Quote by TogaskaterJZ
DO NOT GET A B.C RICH!!/ALL of them suckIf you want to be taken seriously as a guitar player DO NOT GET ONE.Just because slipknot uses them doesnt mean you should.(slipknot sucks so i guesse a bc suites them)

Doesn't he sound trustworthy?
I have to agree with Edward though, unless your willing to pay major cash for it, look elsewhere.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
The high end ones are supposed to be good, but pretty expensive. Midrange ones are decent, but, like edwardthegreat said, anything under $500 is garbage.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yeah they rock
im looking forward to buy a mockingbird
the main problem is that i cant find a 5string model that i can afford...
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
To the dude who seems to not like BC Rich, you full of crap, I'm geussing you only ever tried playing bronze series?
Ans Mick Thomson now uses Ibanez (and its bloody good too, EMG some 81/60 and and official floyd rose and custom inlays), and if you say that ibanezes suit slipknot cos they're crap then you dont know anything about guitars, dont say aything till you get your facts right.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
i think a jackson or shecter would be a similar (and better) guitar compared to the mid priced bc richs

i dont like so much jacksons...
theyre not comfy to play and theyre too small...
anyway, there arent jackson basses with cool shapes
im a finger player

It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
Quote by TogaskaterJZ

yea slipknot REALLY suck but i think bcrichs are nice... dont forget that slayer used them, megadeth used them...

today almost everyone famous plays an ESP, have you noticed???
im a finger player

well wtf ibanezes are anyway nice (guitar and basses)
im a finger player

Quote by TogaskaterJZ

haha stfu n00b, slipknot does not suck, they don't rule either, they're mediocre at best. don't judge a band on what instruments they use, dumbass.

As everyone has said so far, the higher end BC Rich's are awesome, but don't go for the lower end unless you have cash to burn. If you really really want a nice guitar body that looks "cool" (waste of money in my opinion, its not what your guitar looks like, its how you play), go for the metal master package. Comes with an amplifier and tribal Warlock, for like 400 bucks or something after tax.
Quote by cptazad
haha stfu n00b, slipknot does not suck, they don't rule either, they're mediocre at best. don't judge a band on what instruments they use, dumbass.

As everyone has said so far, the higher end BC Rich's are awesome, but don't go for the lower end unless you have cash to burn. If you really really want a nice guitar body that looks "cool" (waste of money in my opinion, its not what your guitar looks like, its how you play), go for the metal master package. Comes with an amplifier and tribal Warlock, for like 400 bucks or something after tax.

Pack of shit is more like it, the metal master is basiclly a Bronze Warlock with tribal paintings and a crappy amp. Like I said before, anything under 500 is bound to be crap.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Slipknot changed to Ibanez as soon as they started making actual music.