I'm set on the RG1570, my birthday is in a week, which i'll probably get around $400. I'm going to work from the end of July to the end of August, getting about $600. That gives me enough for the RG, with $200 left.

This leaves me with two options, spend the money to get pups, or spend it on the Digitech Whammy pedal. Since i'll be getting the guitar at the end of August most likely, it'l be 4 months till Christmas.

So should I use the extra money on pickups, and get the Whammy for Christmas, or should I try out the stock pups, and get the Whammy, and exchange for new pups for Christmas?
Try out the stock ones first, if it ain't too shabby, grab the pedal (Why though? You're getting an Edge Pro?) and the pickups for christmas.
dude the pups on the 1570 arent too bad, i have the 1570L which is just the left handed version. i would wait before you change them
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
DAMAGEPLAN
ICED EARTH
HALFORD
dude get that one digitech pedal that has 8 in 1, that way u have the whammy pedal as well as the 7 other things it has (it's even the same price as the digitech whammy pedal at most stores)
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
Well I need some type of pedal that has the octave changer, so I can play a Tom Morello "Like a Stone" solo sound. I like it alot.
Quote by Y00p
Try out the stock ones first, if it ain't too shabby, grab the pedal (Why though? You're getting an Edge Pro?) and the pickups for christmas.

Whammy Bar and Whammy Pedal are different.
the whammy sucks...even the harmonizer isnt great. and the pitch shifter? wtf?
your guitar isnt supposed to sound as high pitched as ...idfk but a high pictched sound.
and the whammy effect isnt as controllable as a tremolo on a guitar, it goes down so far, kinda quickly, and then you dont here anything. its lower than like a Drop B bass.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt