As the title states, I am not one of those guys who works on tone more than actually playing guitar but I need a new amp. I have been playing for 1 1/2 years through a 15 watt crate VTX. It gets the job done i guess for a practice amp, but me and a bunch of guys are planning on starting up a band soon and I need and amp that can fit all the following:

- Loud enough for garage band usage, (with loud drummer)
- Needs to Have decent tone for stuff like Dream Theater, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and good cleans aswell.

I plan and looking for one second hand so its alot cheaper. I have around 500-600$ canadian to spend. I am also not afraid to buy a few pedals.

Thanks.
try the new guitar center online ****, or ebay, a line 6 spider works great with tone, and they aint to bad either, alot of people hate them but i absolutely love mine
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
i dont know how much canadien is exactly but a used marshall jcm combo would be fit you, they go for like 500 USD
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
you should get a marshall amp and a digitech metal master distortion pedal. I have both and they kick ass
^lol, my friend has a spider and i think its sounds to digital-ish. He doesnt really like it either, his parents got t for him
would i need to max the volume on the roland just to be heard over the drums?
cause i want it to last a long time
i dont see why people hate spiders so much. i love them
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
Quote by highwaysalmon
would i need to max the volume on the roland just to be heard over the drums?
cause i want it to last a long time

My teacher has a Cube 60 and the drummer we played with on a school gig was loud and my teacher easly got over him with volume far from full.

Confined Rage: Because they suck. They sound digital and lifeless, they aren't realiable (my school has a Spider taht broke down after 3 weeks), the modelings aren't too good and for the price you can get a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix, which are alot more value for the money and on the higher "end" Spiders you can get nice tube amps instead.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Disturbed42
you should get a marshall amp and a digitech metal master distortion pedal. I have both and they kick ass

What? Marshall makes many amps. Half of them suck donkey rod. If you are talking about tube then thats fine. Don't just be like "mArSHalL pWnS aLl!!1!!!!1"

If you do decide to go tube marshall, don't ruin it with a distortion pedal. Get a nice overdrive.
so roland cube 60 eh? ill check one out soon, do you recommend an overdrive/distortion pedal for it? Or should I just go with the amps distortion?
I understand you aren't concerned about tone, but why bother with an amp that sounds bad? In your price range are some solid options.

Roland cube 60
Vox AD50vt
Ampeg superjet (used, tube) you'd want an od pedal for this.
Fender cybertwin
Peavey Valveking (used, tube)
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Tube for sure...

Are you willing to go used?
I really recommend it.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yah, second hand for sure, so much cheaper, i hear the valveking 112 combo is good for my preci range. 50 watts tube, which is plenty and i havent heard it in person but ive read reviews and people say it sounds good and has a few bells and whistles.