I recently purchased a Traynor YCV50BLUE All Tube combo, and i'm in love with it, but there are still a bunch of things that confuse me about it (it is my first tube amp)

Here is a link to all of its info: http://yorkville.com/products.asp?id=318&cat=18&type=32

Here are my questions:

1. Does the Master Volume control have any effect on "saturating" the power tubes (i wast told that is where the real "tube tone" comes from)?
2. If Not how would i go about saturating the power tubes (EL34s) to get that great tone everybody talks about?
3. would using preamp gain along with the saturated power tubes ruin the sound of the saturated power tubes.
4. Should i use the master volume, gain, or independent volume on each channel to saturate the EL34s?
5. Exactly how loud does my amp need to be to get that coveted power tube sound?

Thanks Alot.
the louder you turn your amp the more it will saturate your tone unlike a solide-state where it would just die out. Let your tubes warm 2 mins. crank your preamp gain and turn up the volume good saturation will come at like volumes of 5.
1. Does the Master Volume control have any effect on "saturating" the power tubes (i wast told that is where the real "tube tone" comes from)?Yes, as you turn it up, the power tubes distort more.
2. If Not how would i go about saturating the power tubes (EL34s) to get that great tone everybody talks about?NA, it does. Just turn up the master volume.
3. would using preamp gain along with the saturated power tubes ruin the sound of the saturated power tubes. Well, the power section won't really be pushed into OD unless you turn up the preamp too...so you need some preamp distortion too.
4. Should i use the master volume, gain, or independent volume on each channel to saturate the EL34s?You need to use both...you can't use only the preamp or only the power amp to get distortion.
5. Exactly how loud does my amp need to be to get that coveted power tube sound?
Depends on the tubes and the amp. In general, I just like to turn the power amp(master volume) all the way up, and then adjust the preamp gain to taste(independant on your amp).

Hope that helped.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
To put it simply, turn up the master volume, then you'll get power amp valve overdrive.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30