I posted this exact comment in the thread at the top of the page, but only got one reply. Because I am so impatient, here it is again. (Sorry if I'm breaking any rules).

Hi, I've got a new amp question. My current amp is a squier 10 watt thingy and I'm fed up with it. So I think I'll be buying a new amp. But I have very little money, 300 AUD. For reasons I won't go into in detail, I can't really save anymore or buy off eBay.
I play mostly classic rock, a bit of gnr style rock and a bit of early metallica style metal.
So far I've found the Roland Cube 15 and the Orange Crush 15R.
I've heard good things about the cube, but I've also heard that it's mostly a metal amp. I don't really play much metal, so does anyone know if the cube could still pull off classic rock-ish sounds.
Finally could anyone recommend any other suitable amps. My price range comes out to probably a bit under 150 USD and about 100 pounds (rough guess).
Sorry if that's too long, thanks for any help.
For the whole rock styled tone, the Orange might be better, although I haven't played one, so. . .

The Roland Cubes and Vox AD's are always a sure fire way to go.
$150 US?

Well, the best amps for that budget are maybe the Vox AD15VT, or a Roland Cube 15 (if it exists?)
The Cube 15 does exist, but it sucks. It is no where near the 30, 60 and micro. There are no models or built in effects.
Quote by jmac72187
The Cube 15 does exist, but it sucks. It is no where near the 30, 60 and micro. There are no models or built in effects.

Theres models and built in effects but they are only like Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, etc. for the models. The 30 and 60 are way better.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Theres models and built in effects but they are only like Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, etc. for the models. The 30 and 60 are way better.

my mistake. I thought it was just a simple 15 watt amp.
A used Roland Cube 30.
Yea? Ok then, settled.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30