its good but the pre chorus doesnt really flow and the bridge is a lil dull but its got potential
Eh.
Certainly not your best work.
I liked the verse a lot. The lead guitar line sounded really good.
The chorus I liked as well. It was definately your style.
The interlude wasn't bad. The riff starting at bar 55 went well here. Other places I didn't like it too much, but it definately sounded good here.

Meh. Not too bad.
I'd probably work with it a little more.
Because, as much as I hate to agree with the two above me, it did seem a little boring.
Spiral Out
i liked it all, by the end of the song i warmed up to it alot, and i especially liked the bridge, cuz i was expecting some gay build up but i really like that arpeggio instead it made it less predictable, which in this style of music is a rare occurance, also i think the interlude could have been alot more interesting
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
Quote by blank_Systems
Post-hardcore?

More like post-hardBORE!

#^*()#^*)(#*^#+) Oh eM GeE RoFLCoPteR $T*$#&#)+%&@%$@#&%@#)(%^&@(*^@#($*^ HaRdxXxCoRe (#*#^()*#^

by the way i agree but grovermans is still my favorite writer
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I actually like it. This simple and generic yet unique piece from you is unprecedented though! and it's short!

I would change one thing though. I personally think the interlude sounds exponentially better if you change the 1-3-1 chord to 0-3-1 i.e. if it was in standard tuning, play the g string open instead of fretted. sounds SO much better. if you don't understand, i mean change it to this:

e-1
B-3
G-0
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
I actually found it rather catchy... kind of an anxious feel to it. It kinda reminded me of a stormy night, or boss music you might here in a nintendo game...but not final boss music you gotta work a little harder to achieve final boss music status
BTW you should keep that chord a diminished chord like you have it, the dissonance better suits the feel of the song.
Last edited by poopikins at Jul 14, 2006,
I've listened to it a couple times now and it's really grown on me. I don't think it's post hard-bore...obviously the gloomy feel is intentionally, and you manage to capture it in a very beautiful and addictive way. The pre-chorus is really cool and melodic... especially at the end of the sections where the two guitars end up sort of interlocking to harmonize. Whoever said it doesn't flow must define flow as even eighth notes or something, because I think it has a real flow to it. The chorus is also really cool, especially in the last two bars where the top guitar sort of breaks rhythm and plays those higher octaves. I actually think it's one of your better songs.

And wait...what's that time signature?...OMG 4/4
Last edited by poopikins at Jul 15, 2006,
The dissonance was a little much, but it really reminded of me of the Bled.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)