Alright, this is something that's been going on for a long time now. It's depressing. I hate it when people diss eachothers musical preferences, because I quite simply don't give a **** and it just comes out as hot air to me. And I hate the heat. Irregardless, my biggest pet peeve is when people say things like "(insert band here) ARE good."

Let me announce to all English failures (Seeing as people from America know the LEAST about America AND the English language, go ****ing figure), that collective nouns are counted as singular. Thus, a band name would be SINGULAR. It is a collective proper noun. I learned this in the third grade when I learned what a fooking noun was, and I felt like throwing in my two cents of common ****ing knowledge to our brilliant American society (Obviously not directed at the large percentage of UG coming to us from other countries).

That's what really grinds my gears. Thankyou. Back to you, Dianne.
Last edited by God Am at Jul 13, 2006,
So....no one here cares what your pet peeves are.

That's great and all, but this doesn't have anything to do with Classic Rock or the Classic Rock Forum. This belongs in either the Bands & Artists section or The Pit.

And I guarentee that no one there cares either.

EDIT: Come to think of it.....this doesn't belong anywhere but in your head. This isn't a place to announce what annoys you.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Last edited by TheUltimateSin at Jul 13, 2006,
Yeah it sucks when people diss on others musical taste, just get along man, it makes life easier for everyone.
RHCP are the best band ever!
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
In England, the proper usage would be:

Green Day ARE the best/worst band ever.

In the U.S., the proper usage would be:

Green Day IS the best/worst band ever.

It's a quirk of the languages on either side of the Atlantic. This also applies for all sports teams, companies, or anything else that comprises more than one person referred to under one name.

HOWEVER:

If the name of the band is a plural name, such as The Beatles (or the Red Hot Chili Peppers), the correct usage is

The Beatles ARE the greatest band in the world.

Plural, because it's not "The Beatle," it's "The Beatles."
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
You want to know what my pet peeve is?
When you're taking a dump and you forgot to lock the door and a half horse half man walks in.. and he's pissed at you already cause you're human and he heard you called him a fart head so then he just charges you and starts wailing on you while you're pooing. I hate that.
Quote by ridcullylives
In the U.S., the proper usage would be:

Green Day IS the best/worst band ever.

Urgh! F*cking with our language is wrong.
I hate the way Americans have destroyed the English language, but anyway, that's not for here. *Closed*
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic