http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-STRAT-NECK-WITH-FENDER-TUNERS_W0QQitemZ150009661157QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41423QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

obviously, this isn't a real fender neck, its a squier with aftermarket decal, but this neck still looks strange to me. is this fender logo way to obvious, because I don't think I've ever seen a U.S.A. decal in that area ever. is it super obvious that this neck is a fake?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

the color of the headstock kinda puts it off but most people would not be able to tell
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
yeah the USA stamp looks a little odd. ive seen a decent share of american Fenders and never seen that stamp
Quote by Cobalt Blue
yeah the USA stamp looks a little odd. ive seen a decent share of american Fenders and never seen that stamp

hah whatdya know. i never even noticed that. ya that definitely shows its a fake
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
do you think that the "U.S.A." part could be sanded off. the neck itself doesn't really look stained.

anybody... do you think this "U.S.A." decal on the neck can be sanded off without making it look too obvious on the neck?

It does say that it is a Squier re-issue, those Squiers change their fonts and stamps around all the time.

Also, you could probably sand it off if you get really fine grit sandpaper and did it. That wouldn't be too ovbious. Why not just leave it on? Your guitar will be unique.
like said, its not "fake" its a squier neck, stamped USED as clearly stated, in the descript.

if u sand off the USA, ull have to re clear coat the headstock.

and the fender tuners look like cheap mex mades, prob squier tuners. and they say fender tuners cause fender owns squier.

if u do refinish the headstock then run some kiwi light brown shoe polish over it to darken it up a bit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 13, 2006,