What do you think? I played it and it felt good. I know it's not a good pic but i'll post some more on tuesday when I talk to the man about price.

M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
It'd help if we knew what brand/model it was
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Yeah i was dumb and forgot to write it down more pics soon.

The only thing i rimber is that it was a Finder.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

PM NightmareXT To Join!

Last edited by Beleuchtung at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by Beleuchtung
Yeah i was dumb and forgot to write it down more pics soon.

The only thing i rimber is that it was a Finder.

I assume you mean fender?

But if so then... im not the best person to take an opinion from. i hate fenders.
If its a fender, then its a jazz bass model. I own the standard version which means that it was made in mexico. The american made models are better in quality but will also cost you more money. I liked the fender and its a pretty good beginner/intermediate bass in my opinion. It sounds pretty good and the neck is comfortable to play as well. It gets old after a while though. Everyone has a fender jazz or precision these days
Fender Jazz, amazing versatile bass. You can't go wrong with it and its a time tested classic. Find out if its Standard or American.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
How will you be able to tell? Im gussing it will be on the head stock under the Fender logo?
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry

PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by Beleuchtung
How will you be able to tell? Im gussing it will be on the head stock under the Fender logo?

Mine has "Made in Mexico" right under "Jazz Bass" on the headstock. Standards are made in Mexico.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
eh, from previous experiences I made it a general rule not to trust fender basses (no offense but particularly if they're made in mexico) unless they're very high quality, other wise I havn't seen any good ones for anything besides the simplest of simple, once you move on... pops are way too thin, slaps usually hit the pick up, and generally are not too good...
I like how the other stuff in the foreground just blocks the logo.

Fender Jazz basses are pretty good.
Ok. Finally i rimber to post. It's a Mexican standard and they are willing to sell it for $200 (U.S.) worth it??
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry

PM NightmareXT To Join!

^If it's new Definitely. If it's used Definitely. That is an awesome deal and jazz basses are amazing even made in Mexico. That is a good deal I would recomend it but only if A)You really want a Fender Jazz B) And if it's not in ****ty condition (If it's new then this is really not an issue but just by what you say it sounds used.)
Quote by Tallman
I assume you mean fender?

But if so then... im not the best person to take an opinion from. i hate fenders.

HOW DARE YOU!

No seriously, why hate fender?

Quote by Beleuchtung
What do you think? I played it and it felt good. I know it's not a good pic but i'll post some more on tuesday when I talk to the man about price.

Its a good bass, but since you seem to be a little too obsessed with Metallica, why dont you get an ESP? Or a Fernandez?
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by metalstillsucks

No seriously, why hate fender?

because there quality has gone down recently?

Because you can get a similar jazz bass new from Rondo for a lot cheaper?

Because fender hasnt learnt that the stock bridges are crap?

ill stop here

but im just pointing out everyone has there reason to dislike something
you think fender's bad... try being skint and only owning a stagg
Whoa! Letters like 'u' and 'r' can mean words like 'you' and 'are'!
sure it's a good deal, but like metalstillsucks said, if you're into metallica, i wouldnt go with a fender if you're into the genre of metal in general, i would check out ibanez basses. hope this helped
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
^ as much as i agree that ibanez' are great for most metal,

p-bass style basses are also great for a lot of metal! Steve harris of course used his p-bass and i love the tone and the way he cuts thru.

and i see both p and j basses in metal a lot (usually death, tech death)