I perfer Passive. Less Struggle and in some cases, less click... but i like low action as well..

It depends on the tone your going for. Choose what sounds good.
For bass, I like active pickups. Bass player in my band playes a Yamaha RBX with twin active humbuckers (guitar cost about 600 bucks) and it's sound is absolutely gorgeous. Lot's of warmth and roundness to the sound and plenty of attack when you crank the trebles. But they do chew through 9-volts, so passives can be a bit less if a hassle.
I own a BC rich NJ warlock, which is acive, and an epiphone thundeerbird, passive. the warlock is good for leads or metal, thunderbird is better for rock. eitehr way..I prefer the presence of the active pickups better. and a battery lasts quite a while 9even with hours of practice daily)
whats the difference???
sry im quite a noob about these things
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
Active. my batteries die like every 6 months so its no biggie for me. but its been a while since i played a 'true' passive bass (my corts got a passive/active switch )
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I like active. I have an EMG Precision pickup. I don't have a preamp besides my M-80 and the one in the pickup, though, but it all works.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
I'm not sure if any of my basses are active or passive(borrowed from my dad)

and Is the RBX375 a good bass? I'm considering getting it.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
I'm not sure if any of my basses are active or passive(borrowed from my dad)

and Is the RBX375 a good bass? I'm considering getting it.

Yeah it is a good bass, even though I've only had my RBX375 for a few days, it's better than my than my old squier p-bass (even though probably any bass is). It has active pickups and I've read it drains batteries very fast. I can't confirm that right now though since I've only had mine for like 4 days. The person at the shop said if you unplug the cable everytime you're done playing, it would help save the batteries. Not sure though since this is my first active bass....
Quote by Shadonite
Yeah it is a good bass, even though I've only had my RBX375 for a few days, it's better than my than my old squier p-bass (even though probably any bass is). It has active pickups and I've read it drains batteries very fast. I can't confirm that right now though since I've only had mine for like 4 days. The person at the shop said if you unplug the cable everytime you're done playing, it would help save the batteries. Not sure though since this is my first active bass....

you should do it, just in case. and thanks for the help

now, is the ATK300 an active bass? I think it is, but I'm not sure...
i like passive. mine is an active bass with passive pickups. it's all a matter of taste as people say
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
I've got an active but I want to get an active bass (Stingray). Just bulk buy batteries and keep a screwdriver on you and it is no problem.

For me, active basses provided a much warmer, and punchie tone than passive, and gives it enough punch to really define the bass line.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I got 3 pickups all can switch between passive or actives i find that the actives give a good slapping sound but the passives give a clean sound good for playing with fingers.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
Passive.

To me, passive gets you closer to the sound of the wood. Active I feel gives you to much control sometimes. (To the point where the body woods don't matter, it's the pickups and the pre-amp that are doing everything tone wise.

It's also more of a jazzier sound, more laid back.