ima a bass player i think im average i been playing for 10 months but i been told i am doing exceptionally well for how long i have been playing. i just finnaly was able to play alot of old school metallica before cliff died. the big one was the four horsemen its really fast and i just started to b able to do it. i was wondering how many people think stuff like that is hard like people who have been playing for like a year not like 25 years.

GO CLIFF!!!
totally off topic, but:

if you know cliff bass stuff, try and organise a tribute gig to cliff around the 27th of september to mark the 20th anniversary of when he died. we're doing that where i live and we're going to have 4 bands playing the entire master of puppets album (dont steal that idea )
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Quote by sheldonplank
totally off topic, but:

if you know cliff bass stuff, try and organise a tribute gig to cliff around the 27th of september to mark the 20th anniversary of when he died. we're doing that where i live and we're going to have 4 bands playing the entire master of puppets album (dont steal that idea )

27th September is when I'm born, calls for a Metallica party me thinks.

And on topic, I think you're a good bassist but I'm a beginner guitarist.
Quote by nevermindaboutm
27th September is when I'm born

you, sir, have the birthdate of a god.

Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
THATS AWESOME DUDE UR LUCKY

i might get my guitar teacher to do that at school on the 27th well have a bunch of metallica and if io get good enough i can do a crazy cliff solo but prolly not
I think whether your good or not is determined by the quality of your original basslines & compositions, not whether you can play the notes that came out of Cliff. Clifford Lee Burton was a great bassist - at times overrated, at times underrated, but great nonetheless.

I wouldn't say any of the stuff is hard for someone who's been playing for 25 years (I think that's what you asked), but for 10 months you're doing great.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
cliff defenetely was a great bassist, and im not trying to disrespect him, but most of his bass lines were never terribly difficult. But for 10 months, thats not bad. keep practicing and dont give it up.
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
Quote by watchingmefall
Completely out of topic, but my moms birthday is december 1st, the same as Jaco Pastorius , but to keep it on topic i've seen people use that wrist support/thing, I don't know i just don't trust them, i use wristbands but just for sweat.

Umm... Wristband supports are the other thread...