Theres a part in the call of ktulu solo where the tab i have says you should play it like this:

E||--------10-17-13----------10-17-13----------10-17-|
B||-----10----------15----10----------15----10-------|
G||--10----------------10----------------10----------|
D||--------------------------------------------------|
A||--------------------------------------------------|
E||--------------------------------------------------|

Now using my knowledge of the fretboard I found out when differently positioned, this turns out to be a common minor sweeping shape. So i found out i could also play it liek this:

E|||-----------17-13-------------17-13-------------17-|-----||
B|||--------15-------15-------15-------15-------15----|-----||
G|||-----14----------------14----------------14-------|-----||
D|||--15----------------15----------------15----------|-----||
A|||--------------------------------------------------|-----||
E|||--------------------------------------------------|-----||

Now to me this is loads easier, just takes a lil while to get used to the irregular note skips. WOuld this be correct?
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Yeah, the tab for that is probably wrong, it'd make far more sense to play it your way, as most players couldn't make those 10>17 fret stretches.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
If it's the same notes yea it'll sound the same. I assume you're supposed to tap the 17 in the first tab though, not stretch.
yeah go for it. thats the best part of knowing notation. you can look at tabs and find easier ways to play things when people tab em stupidly.
I do that as well, nothing wrong with it. Although if in another exmaple it specifically specified to not let the notes ring (staccato) then you will want to choose a method that helps you do this.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
The F (the 15th fret on the D string) may sound a little odd as on (most) guitar this string is wound rather than just straight and so that string will give a different tone to the rest but no-one except for you or an experienced guitarist who knows the song well will notice