Just curious who calls it a Allen key or a Allen wrench. i call it a Allen Wrench but it seems that everyone calls it a Allen Key
allen key.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
It's an allen key, everyone knows that.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
key, although i have heard many an american calling it a wrench...i guess those guys just love that word
Americans and "wrenches" It's a SPANNER, lol. And as for monkey wrenches, it's an ADJUSTABLE SPANNER! So therefore... ALLEN SPANNER!

Nah, key.
These go to eleven...
I call it a wrench...big deal. This guy at GC called it a hex key, that was a new one for me.
you know, it actually morphs into a different tool if you call it the wrong name...

but I think madpickin is right...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ aye, ok, good point. Ceded...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
allen key. hex (agonal) key is also true. wrench is something that goes around a nut/bolt
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You know what, personally i rather dont care what they call it, as long as it has the word Allen or Hex in them, they're pretty self-explainatory. Hell, even Ibanez call them Allen wrench...

"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
well then again that instruction sheet was for the crappier trems so you wouldnt want to trust that sheet for anything either
So what if the manual means nothing, Ibanez Japan call them wrench, korean call then allen wrench, stewmac calls them hex key.

Here's from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_key ...

Like i said, whatever the hell its called it dont matter, just that you'll get the general idea if you say 'Allen' or 'Hex' ...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i would say that in the world of tools, allen keys are more closely related to screw drivers. The allen key equivalent to a wrench would be a socket wrench.
Allen wrench...thats how most(if not all) Americans say it at least.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.