If you really really like the JCM800 tone, and are willing to buy an attenuator or just crank it to get that famous tone, go for it.
It looks rather cool and worn.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
LOL

" Q:Hi There, I have an original 59 Les Paul I was thinking of putting single coils in so it can sound just like a Stratocaster. Also, I was thinking of drilling holes all over the body to lighten it up so it will sound just like a Strat. Do you think it will affect the value? Thanks, Rudy "

LOLLLLLLLLLLL it took me a while to realise that it was a flame.
wow, that thing looks killer, like some kind of crazy old microwave oven. Hi feedback looks pretty good, only 1 neg from a buyer, and that buyer had horrible negatives on his/her account, so I doubt it was his fault. The pics also look pretty good, it looks like it has the stuff he's claiming as far as parts. I would probably go for it, as long as it doesn't go for too much, it could be a great sounding amp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I wouldn't buy it unless you're an electronics geek and would know how to fix it if something went wrong
dude if there's a way you could get the faceplate that says sound city on it, you've got yourself quite a jem.

Sound City amps contributed to the creation of Hiwatt. THey also sound very killer, i don't know if this one will but they are no longer made, went out several decades ago.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
it wont be as good as a sound city amp, cos its been modded to hell and back
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by Funky P
Sound City amps contributed to the creation of Hiwatt. THey also sound very killer, i don't know if this one will but they are no longer made, went out several decades ago.

It looks like this guy has ripped out the guts from a JCM800 and kept only the enclosure and transformers from the Sound City
Quote by seljer
It looks like this guy has ripped out the guts from a JCM800 and kept only the enclosure and transformers from the Sound City

You are right.

And to the guy above, yes i am an "electronics geek" so i will be bidding (and hopefully) winning this auction. Ill keep you guys on the up and up. (haha that sounded gay..... up and up)