I know im going to get grief of ppl sayin to go try them out and see which one feels best suited to you ect.......... But im lookin for an envelope filter, and im just wandering which you guys prefer.

Im really intrested in the Ashdown or Q-Tron, just whatever you guys suggest will help.

Thanx
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
I use a Digitech one and its pretty cool!
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
I use a DOD FX25B, and it's pretty good, but I'm gonna get a new one when I have the money, possibly the Q-Tron.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Meh - I spent about 2 hours trying the digitech out in my local music store under optimal gear conditions, and I could only find one truly envelope wah filter tone, and not a great one as that, the same quality as on my digitech BP200. The rest was fairly useless over the top effectish stuff. Not worth the money IMO, but each to his own.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I owned the Digitech pedal for a while, and, like Yertle said, there really isn't much in the way of a clean envelope filter sound. Also, it couldn't handle a hot signal. I had to turn the volume on my active bass down about halfway to get it to stop distorting. Oh yeah, and there were also tracking problems.

I got a Boss AW-3, and it's more what I was looking for. It has some synthy sounds, too, but there are three different types of envelope filter and a true auto-wah (that is, you can set the tempo that it sweeps at), which I love.

And when I say envelope filter, I mean a clean envelope filter sound.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
Thanx for the advice, im goin to try the Boss and ashdown pedals tommorrow.
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Quote by Nikklaus
I use a DOD FX25B, and it's pretty good, but I'm gonna get a new one when I have the money, possibly the Q-Tron.

I have that too, it gives one of my favorite envelope sounds, it just doesn't have a true bypass and it starts to show after a while. Im gonna get one installed, perhaps... idk I've considered it for a while.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Ordered my Synth Wah, i got the Digitech, sounds are really gd, with 7 different options, really liked it, and was only £90 im so happy........
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
^^^^I have the little digitech booklet, it gives different settings for each pedal and different pedal chains ect. A gd chain is with the bass driver(overdrive/distortion) so i MAY have to buy one of them aswell lol. Yet, is it worth it, as they are £90.....?
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
I found an awesome synth bass pedal from a guy in Aussie Land (I can't spell it so short hand is easy) which is quite expensive at around £150 but the tone form this thing is awesome. You know on chavvie dance music, the bass is always so synthed up it makes your tummy go all tickley? Well this thing can do that!! I might see if I can make it Brown Sound someone!! lol