Ok, so i am bored at home and I realize i can use the school resources.

So I am wondering, if I can make this beastly 4x12 cab and use my cube 30w as a head?
I've seen someone use a Marshall combo as a cab for a Valve head (DaveMC, maybe? I dunno), so it probably will work.
Just don't come to me for wirings and what to do or not do, though.
Yes, it is possible, and it's often done with Fender amps, cos most of them are combos. A combo and a cab are known as a 'piggyback stack'. Don't ask why.

It'll work best if your cube has a special speaker output, which i think it does.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
I never knew that school resources included large pieces of wood, tolex, jacks, etc.

Well at least they include a few big tools
Sure you can do it, but a Cube 30 watt isn't really going to make it worth it...go find a new head first.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I was thinking about doing that with my cube but I built a 100 watt power amp and I would have it so I could switch between the Cubes internal speaker and default power amp or the 100 watt to make it a head. A cube would would look damn good as a head IMO.
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I was thinking about doing that with my cube but I built a 100 watt power amp and I would have it so I could switch between the Cubes internal speaker and default power amp or the 100 watt to make it a head. A cube would would look da mn good as a head IMO.
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Well the school resourses are for free so what the heck, might as well spend some time making them :P.

Hmm, they don't have speakers that big, so instead can I put like 200 small speakers (like those you find on compy speakers (small ones )) and split the load so it doesn't blow up?
It don't matter how many itsy-bitsy speakers you got, they still won't have any bass response.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
how about you dont be a cheap person and buy some speakers to make a cab that would actually be worth while instead of just wasting your time and cheap speakers on something useless....
Agreed.

You need instrument speakers or PA speakers really because they're way tougher.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by smb
Ahem? Looky

Yep, that sure is a hundred bass speakers in a cabinet or something, man.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Well I don't think this guy is actually going to put hundreds of speakers in a cab (I doubt he'll even get around to picking up a hammer to be honest) but it is a cab full of small speakers.
with enough speakers, you will get some bass. but its easier and cheaper to go with bigger speakers.
Now heres a good idea. How about using that power amp you built as an amp for that cube....like this:

guitar-->cube-->power amp-->cabinet

This way, you have the tone of the cube, but the volume and bass response of a poweramp/cab.

You could build the power amp into the cabinet, saving space and making it look prettier.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12