Page 1 of 3
I need some good, easy to learn metal songs for my friend. Preferably a song with two guitars, cuz we like harmony and shizz like that, and if possible, maybe a thrash metal song (i.e early Metallica, Megadeth or w/e) but any 80's metal song is good for us. If you guys could help us find some songs that would be great!!
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Normally I'd recommend certain black sabbath numbers but that's only got one guitar. Hmm. For Whom The Bell Tollz is an easy one. Try that.
some kind of monster has two guitars and is fairly easy, i dont think you could call them metal anymore, but hey, its still easy.

EDIT: Then Iron Man, Paranoid, SWeet Leaf, incredibly easy songs
Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

those 2 are the ones that i can think of rite now....
Slayer - Mandatory Suicide
Slayer - Dead Skin Mask
Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Seek and Destroy is fun to play.

Also, try, Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth.
She wolf and Countdown to extinction by megadeth, fun easy songs to play, and they both have easy solos at the end, may be fun to harmonize.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Dead Skin Mask by Slayer is really fun with two guitars cause in the beginning you get to do that whole trading riffs thing.
The Berzerker - Massacre
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Slayer - South of Heaven
Slayer - Spill the Blood
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Raining blood is pretty easy i learned it after playing guitar for only maybe 4 or 5 months
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
Quote by imapunkforlife
Raining blood is pretty easy i learned it after playing guitar for only maybe 4 or 5 months

I'd come up with a better lie than that.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Warpath by Six Feet Under is pretty dang easy, and pretty fun to play. Aces high by Iron Maiden is a blast, especially the first solo, and sixpounder by children of bodom is pretty good, but the solo is hard.

^ the intro after four to five months wouldnt be unbelievable the part wher they play the intro faster if you practice. the verse thing maybe not the solo definetly not, but the intro is do able.
Last edited by Jack3n665.5 at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by Spynal
I'd come up with a better lie than that.

Raining Blood isn't that hard. :P

I'd actually suggest Raining Blood if your friend has been playing for a little bit. If that's too hard, I'd suggest..

Slayer-
South Of Heaven
Dead Skin Mask
Spirit In Black
Seasons in the Abyss
Skeletons of Society

Metallica-
Call of Ktulu
For Whom The Bell Toles
Creeping Death
Ride The Lightning

Megadeth-
Peace Sells

Testament-
Burnt Offerings
Over The Wall
The Preacher

Death-
Crystal Mountain - Pretty sure this has harmonies...

Necrophagist-
Fermented Offal Discharge
Stabwound

Quote by imapunkforlife

i bet you can't play the fast part (3rd riff) of the intro correctly.
Quote by lou_dog69
the moral of the story is keep your jizz covered fingers out of virgins vaginas... HOLY CRAP that explains how mary was a virgin!!! the bible finally makes sense
oh yeah, just try some old metallica or megadeth or slayer.. that stuff is good and easy
(sorry 'bout double post)
Quote by lou_dog69
the moral of the story is keep your jizz covered fingers out of virgins vaginas... HOLY CRAP that explains how mary was a virgin!!! the bible finally makes sense
Quote by imapunkforlife

pfffffffffft if you can play that 16th note chromatic thing at the intro at 208bpm......

*waits for some unfunny idiot to say Frantic disembowelment*

EDIT

Quote by El Codyo
Cannible Corpse - Frantic Disembowelment

*groans*
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Last edited by Night_Lights at Jul 13, 2006,
Quote by call_of_puppetz
i bet you can't play the fast part (3rd riff) of the intro correctly.

WTF? Why does everyone think that riff's hard?

Just practice moving your fingers like that. It just takes some dedication and discipline.
Quote by Tsunekuni
Raining Blood isn't that hard. :P

I'd actually suggest Raining Blood if your friend has been playing for a little bit. If that's too hard, I'd suggest..

Slayer-
South Of Heaven
Dead Skin Mask
Spirit In Black
Seasons in the Abyss
Skeletons of Society

Metallica-
Call of Ktulu
For Whom The Bell Toles
Creeping Death
Ride The Lightning

Megadeth-
Peace Sells

Testament-
Burnt Offerings
Over The Wall
The Preacher

Death-
Crystal Mountain - Pretty sure this has harmonies...

Necrophagist-
Fermented Offal Discharge
Stabwound

You're telling a beginner to learn Over the Wall? HA! And Creeping Death for that matter, it takes a while to get up your downstroke pummeling to keep up with the recording.

My advice to you kids:
Practice separately at first - WITH A RECORDING OF THE SONG YOU WANT TO PLAY. This means hour(s) in front of a record player, stopping and starting to get all the riffs, changes, turnarounds etc. down.

In turns of some old thrash, Overkill are pretty easy/fun to play - basically it's just sped up punk; so try:

Rotten to the Core
**** You
Blood and Iron

In terms of Metallica, as people have mentioned before, For Whom the Bell Tolls is definately the easiest song from the first three albums. This songs kinda special to me cause this and Seek and Destroy were how i taught myself to sing and play at the same time. Seek and Destroy is good fun, but the bit before the solo is hard - it's all downstrokes, and i dont think beginners can keep up with that.
You could probably try some of the Metallica covers as well - Am I Evil is great fun, and same for Last Caress/Green Hell.

Megadeth: As much as i hate to say it, technically superior in terms of riffing compared to Metallica, I wouldn't start with Megadeth.

Slayer: Try some **** from "Show No Mercy"... The Antichrist and Die By The Sword (or is it Live by the Sword?), i wouldnt recommend trying to get stuck into later Slayer yet.

If you guys ever want to get into Death Metal, start with some old Sepultura, the track Troops of Doom comes to mind, it's great fun.

That's my two cents anyway, Ive taught guitar unprofessionally (as in i dont do it full time, but for anyone who knows the Australian system, i got my AMUS in classical guitar), and that's where i get most kids to start. Good on you dudes but for wanting to play metal - i hate kids coming in with "My Chemical Romance" and "Yellowcard"... i mean come on, the band titles sound like those pronographic/trashy women's novels.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Raining Blood is easy! What's up with you people? lol.

Learn basically any old Metallica songs. Those are easy.
iron maiden - the trooper, losfer words, judas priest , breaking the law, you got another thing coming, head out to the highway, metallica , enter sandman, sad but true, fade to black and lots more but i deffinately recomend priest for begginner easy stuff
Quote by Night_Lights
pfffffffffft if you can play that 16th note chromatic thing at the intro at 208bpm......

*waits for some unfunny idiot to say Frantic disembowelment*

EDIT

*groans*

Hell yeah, I can read minds.
Quote by SickMetal
Raining Blood is easy! What's up with you people? lol.

Learn basically any old Metallica songs. Those are easy.

THANK YOU!!

Megadeth: As much as i hate to say it, technically superior in terms of riffing compared to Metallica, I wouldn't start with Megadeth.

Peace Sells is easy as shit. You just have the beginner do all the rythm parts, while the other guy plays all the leads.

Oh, Devil's Island is pretty easy to. Again, just have the beginner do the rythm while the other guy does the leads.

Slayer: Try some **** from "Show No Mercy"... The Antichrist and Die By The Sword (or is it Live by the Sword?), i wouldnt recommend trying to get stuck into later Slayer yet.

Show No Mercy has some of their more articulated stuff. I'd do newer Slayer and come back and do older Slayer. Hell, even Kerry said that South of Heaven and Dead Skin Mask are remedial Slayer.

Oh, it is Die By The Sword.

You're telling a beginner to learn Over the Wall? HA!

Well, actually, what I did with a beginner guitarist that I was teaching for a bit, was I did the intro, and he did all the easy rythm stuff. I then pushed him to the learn the intro bits, and now he can play the song bar the solos. You can always do that with a song. Break up certain parts for him to do, and other parts for you to do.
Quote by Tsunekuni
THANK YOU!!

+1

Raining Blood is easy for a beginner, but they should only be playing half speed. It took me a while to be able to play it full speed... i still manage to screw up the intro everytime i play it
Quote by somepunkkid
+1

Raining Blood is easy for a beginner, but they should only be playing half speed. It took me a while to be able to play it full speed... i still manage to screw up the intro everytime i play it

if its so simple, how do you manage to screw it up.

try slayer's black magic. alot easier than raining blood.
The only difficult things about old metal tunes (eg Slayer, Maiden, Priest, things in that vein) are the solos. Solos you should start to be able to get after that beginner stage and...just get him do do the rhythm parts and you can do the solos.
Quote by kirkisking
Cryptopsy - Slit Your Guts

The funny thing is, a lot of the riffs on that album are easy to play.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Page 1 of 3