has anyone here ever played a Gibson Double Neck SG before? are they any good and what are the pros and cons? im just curious because i have been looking at them for a long time considering them as a choice for a future guitar. thanks
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
never played one, but saw one ina music store. I didn't try it out because it was $4000.
if i were you i wouldnt buy the gibson unless you got some serious cash to spend-its like $5000.compare that to a $1000 for the epihone id go with the epiphone man look at the price difference
you won't need a double neck guitar, that's only for looks, you can buy this if you sell 10,000,000 CDs, go for a normal guitar
thanks everyone for not anwsering my question
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
The epiphone EDS-1275 is awesome, not too practical, beause its heavy and hard to reach the lower neck. You know that the top neck is a 12-stringer, right?

Anyways, it was set up and tuned, sounded great, no rough frets, action was low and no fret buzz, I played it at guitar center. You need to try it for yourself to see if you can play and tune a 12-stringer though...
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Well they will be useless unless you know how to play 12 string guitars. The top neck is 12 string while the bottom is 6.

12 strings do have a cool effect when played with open chords. They have this spacey ring to them.

It will be a waste of money if you don't know how to play the 12 string though.

They are also very bulky to play sitting down and very heavy while standing up.
Well they will be useless unless you know how to play 12 string guitars. The top neck is 12 string while the bottom is 6.

Who cant play a 12 string?
12 strings do have a cool effect when played with open chords. They have this spacey ring to them
Whats spacey about harmonized chorus.

Buy the epiphone. Cheaper, good quality, and all the fun without looking overly flashy. If you want something, get it, you only live once.
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Ihearthetfield, what is in any terms funny about you sig?
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
is the epiphone one of the higher end epiphones that epiphone makes?
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Quote by curtis loew
is the epiphone one of the higher end epiphones that epiphone makes?

i think so i played one in a music shop a while back and if you want it seems like a great guitar without been too expensive, just abit on the heavy side, but it's a double neck.
It's not an Elitist if that's what you mean.
In the shop where I saw it it was pretty expensive if I remember correctly (like ?1000 or something) but that shop sucks anyway

musiciansfriend (apparently it is pretty expensive) : http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G1275-DoubleNeck-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518455
Threadstarter, go and play one, find out yourself if it's a good guitar.

And it's way too much to spend on just an Epiphone, and the Gibson....

They're just poser guitars anyway, unless you really plan on using both necks on it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yea, i do plan on using both. i love playing twelve strings and have written some awesome sogns on my friends twelve string
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
then buy a 12 string, the double necks are ok i guess, they sound cool and look cool, but they are a real bitch to play and haul around, and besides thats an awful lot to spend on something that you probably wont use all that much.
^Yup.

Get an acoustic (or electric) 12 string, then get a decent electric 6 string. Then you can use one at one time, instead of having to use a bulky doubleneck guitar all the time.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30