I beleive it's one of the most FAQ's that we get at Musician Talk. Everyone asks for scales and what modes are and what. I think we should compile a comprehensive thread of what modes are, what scales are, sites to visit to get modes and so on. I beleive this would eliminate some clutter and get all the questions put in their similar to the only Vocal thread. It makes more sense then just answering every thread everyday with the same answer everytime. What do you guys think?
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Well, a group of volunteers is working on a sticky that sums up all the questions that you frequently see in MT.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Well, a group of volunteers is working on a sticky that sums up all the questions that you frequently see in MT.

Oh good. What particular group is it? Do you know?
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
Yeh that would be good, id like to see one thread with all the info to refer to, i have no idea how to create a rock solo, it always turns up bluesy

Go ultimate scale and mode thread!
Yeah, i think a scale/mode dictionary would be a good idea as well. It doesn't have to be a full tutorial per se, more of a reference guide showing all the main scales/modes in terms of primary box shapes, scale steps etc. Although i guess one definitive guide to what modes are would be a great help to a lot of people, probably a third of the threads in MT are mode related
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
i fought with the blusey solos for the first years of playing, it really comes down to praticing modes daily... if my artical gets published here you can read up from that, if not pm me later and i'll explain it to you
Quote by GuitarSymphony
Oh good. What particular group is it? Do you know?

Whoever volunteered in the Contribution Forum. I was supposed to help, but I was busy
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Whoever volunteered in the Contribution Forum. I was supposed to help, but I was busy

It's okay we still love you
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
Quote by kirbyrocknroll

I don't think it's too late - I'm midway through a 'Creative Soloing' article I still haven't submitted.

I think most are unsure of what to write though, as Cas is writing up a huge FAQ - which will probably contain modes and will be stickied, anyway.
well, no matter how many stickies are made, people are still going to ask questions without reading them or searching, but i think it would eliminate many needless threads..i think it's a great idea
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
^word... look at all hte modes questions currently polluting this forum!
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I think Cas is supposed to handle the theoretical FAQ, if you want to know more pm one of the Musician Talk mods. The Contribution thread is still a good idea, but it's more regarding the creative soloing aspects as opposed to theoretical questions. I'm still trying to work out a blues creativity mini-article.
This "sticky" we're getting together is in the development stages right now. Like psychodelia said, cas is doing an FAQ (or, was). This sticky won't be very much related to theory--it's about songwriting, creativity, getitng out of ruts, etc.

Given cas doesn't have enough time (which I suppose he doesn't since he's admin nowadays), there are plenty of others who could do something about it.

Go to the Contribution forum for more details.
Looking for my India/Django.