hi y'all out there

if you play alot drop-d, can you use just 2 d-strings, and no E-string,
so you don't have to tune the whole string up to d? cos my E-string breaks every time i want to tune to drop-d!
its drop D, so i'm gonna assume tune down to D, and technically yes you can (you can use virtually any string for any pitch) BUT its gonna sound like crap.
you must be the dumbest son of a b1tch alive, i hope to god this is a joke. you tune DOWN to drop d, not up yuo fvcking retard. DOWN, hence DROPPED D
Quote by nine01n
you must be the dumbest son of a b1tch alive, i hope to god this is a joke. you tune DOWN to drop d, not up yuo fvcking retard. DOWN, hence DROPPED D

shut up you moron. he's probably new to this. so fuck off, you son of a bitch
uhhhh..you're kidding me...when you tune to a drop tuning you go down in pitch. not up. so try again and tune the e string DOWN to d.
Go get your shovel.
Hey jackasses, don't be too hard on him. It wasn't too long ago when I didn't know drop-d either. Just tune down not up.
Quote by Krost
a Ghost possessed my dog and made him buy a 50 cent CD.

Watch it now, watch it!

"I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP"

Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join.
Why so harsh, nine01n, when he is (as 4string-tsurigi pointed out) probably new to this? You claim he is retarded, but by the way you handled that situation, I'd think you are the one who would fulfill that title, mainly in people skills.
haha no wonder youre e string breaks
cuz youre tuning all the way UP to d
strings cant do that.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Drop-D means low D not high D, hence why its called drop. I wouldn't worry to much, it's a learning curb. The first time I tuned my guitar to open G I broke to strings and ****ed up my truss rod> ia had to by a new neck.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
It should tune like

D A D G B E

The first D should be lower then the A, not the same pitch as the second D.
You tune down to drop D. Not up. If anything, tuning down to drop D will extend the life of your E string because you loosened the tension of it.