Okay so i'm a guitar player and I'm looking to buy a bass. This SR505 is in my price range and I played it a guitar center and liked it alot. It was really nice, all of the strings were tight and easy to pop, but the low 5th string was really loose and floppy. It might have been out of tune, but it didn't seem that low. Are all lower strings loose like this? Im new to this so don't laugh at me.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Cort X-2 hahaha
Dean Tradition One
Ibanez Soundgear SR505 (five stringer)
Marshall MG 250DFX
Marshall MG 10CD
Digitech GNX4
Digitech DF-7 Distortion
A bunch of cables.
Trust me they're not. It was probably just out of tune. Mine is kinda tight. If you get the right strings and make the action right for you, it's an awesome bass.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
rly i dont know
i have an ibanez btb205
the B string is quite floppy, but not too much.
its still playable.maybe its because of the gauge?
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
I bought an Ibanez Roadgear 500 a few months ago. The way it was set up from the factory it was probably most suitable for an expert player with a well developed and gentle plucking technique. For a rude musical challenged monky like myself it was way too low and mushy, so I raised the action quite a bit, which sorted the problem.
Mushiness from a low action would indeed be more noticable while playing the lower strings, so maybe it's just that.
Okay, thanks for the help.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Cort X-2 hahaha
Dean Tradition One
Ibanez Soundgear SR505 (five stringer)
Marshall MG 250DFX
Marshall MG 10CD
Digitech GNX4
Digitech DF-7 Distortion
A bunch of cables.