I had originally decided I was going to spend the extra money and get an LTD EC1000 but I stumbled upon the Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus. Supposedly it is exactly like a Gibson Les Paul, it says it was 100% authorized by gibson( or something like that). I would like to buy it but it doesn't come in black which is the color I want. I might just save more up and get the black beauty. But it is 700 dollars, but it has a third humbucker, if it helps I will buy it. So would someone tell me if the black beauty sounds better than the plus or if they are the same.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
stick to the LTD
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
stick to the LTD

Ya I would but it'll take forever to get that much money.

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
epiphones arent that great at all. the comparison is similar to a Fender Strat = Gibson Les Paul, Fender squier = epiphone. theyre just a cheaper version of the actual model. Ive played a les paul and then an epiphone and there is certainly a difference, the tone just isnt any where near the les paul. i would say get the LTD
Quote by Str1der
epiphones arent that great at all. the comparison is similar to a Fender Strat = Gibson Les Paul, Fender squier = epiphone. theyre just a cheaper version of the actual model. Ive played a les paul and then an epiphone and there is certainly a difference, the tone just isnt any where near the les paul. i would say get the LTD

ya I know that, I just want a kick ass metal guitar with awesome distortion sounds without the 900 dollar price of the ltd.

Quote by basssoldier

Quote by Soul Power

Last.fm
POOP
Last edited by dementedpuppy at Jul 13, 2006,
believe me with the epiphone you wont get any kick as metal distortion. if you want a metal guitar get a jackson.
If you really think about it, the $200 difference is really worth it in the end.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
If ur gonna get a metal guitar then go for a Schecter, B.C. Rich, or something like that.

Though I do agree with Str1der epiphone les pauls are a cheap knockoff for the actual gibson les paul.

I wouldn't think they're terribly bad, but they aren't as near as nice.
Quote by dementedpuppy
I had originally decided I was going to spend the extra money and get an LTD EC1000 but I stumbled upon the Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus. Supposedly it is exactly like a Gibson Les Paul, it says it was 100% authorized by gibson( or something like that). I would like to buy it but it doesn't come in black which is the color I want. I might just save more up and get the black beauty. But it is 700 dollars, but it has a third humbucker, if it helps I will buy it. So would someone tell me if the black beauty sounds better than the plus or if they are the same.

Get a Gibson Les Paul Special. They are about 760-800, and are at least genuine gibsons. It is worth every penny of that extra 60 bucks.

I have two for sale, 575 each. But I hate to ship ;-)
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65