Lets say you had a 5-way pick selector...thing. Is there a way you could make an effects switch as well? Or lets say you just had 1 pick in the bridge or 1 in bridge and 1 in neck. Could you make the far right/far left for pick-ups and the middle for effect as well? I.E. 1 being far right and 5 being far left. 3 could be a phaser, 2 could be overdrive and 4 could be delay. Is that possible?
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
It depends on the switch and wether your using didgital or analog effects but even if it works it wouldnt be true bypass. I had always thought about building a guitar with onboard effects. If thats what you want to do just go with DPDT toggle switches.

EDIT common sense just kicked in if you had it on lets say 1 for the neck pickup and went to switch to a phaser it would take it off of the neck pickup to just a dead signal. You would have to go to two different switches so yea just use the toggles.
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Last edited by heiltalker2006 at Jul 13, 2006,
ahahahahahahahahai watched that video of the nirvana cover that heiltalker has ahahahahahahahaha OMFG that was about the worst thing ive seen since emo. ahahahahaha
The One,
The Only,
Gnomegod
^ i agree that was very very painful to watch.

To the threadstarter:

Yes it is possible, but:
A) Is it worth it? You'll need to take more wood out of your guitar to fit the electrics all in
B) The idea of incorporating it into the 5-way pickup selector switch isn't worth the effort in my opnion. I would have extra switchs so that you could have all these effects on at the same time if needs be.
C) The overdrive built into the guitar is not such a bad idea, but the phaser and delay is very hard to make yourself, you need complicated digital circuitary for the delay or confusing op-amp stuff for the phaser.
D) It's easier to step on a pedal to turn it on rather than stop playing for a fraction of a second and flick the switch.

If you want an overdrive built in, there are those black ice (i think thats what they're called) or you can always make a home brew one, i coule give u some links to some homebrew ones u could make.

So theres my 2c