Are they any good live? They are playing a show in my town on monday and i was wondering if i should go or not. cause i saw some video of them on youtube playing live and i thought it was really ****ty. and the coheed and cambria tour (with Dillinger Escape Plan and Chiodos) is coming through and im runnin low on cash, so yeah...
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

save your money for the coheed, dillenger, chiodos show

i have never see or heard anything about norma jean live but it sounds better and you're low on cash
norma jean are intense live, but instead go to dillinger escape plan and coheed.
rites of nothing.
Norma jean are ok live, but Dillinger is great.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
DEP is insane live...saw them on the 2nd w/ Pheonix Mourning and a local band. Intense set...save your money for that.
NJ isnt sloppy anymore, they are really good live now, but they will be back, just see them next time, check out the other show instead, but ya NJ shows get intense, but nowhere near DEP
They are good live. I remember seeing them @ Sounds of The Underground. That guy from mewithoutyou came out and even sang his part on Memphis Will Be Laid To Waiste. They are spot on.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
they sound pretty crappy in the few live vids i've seen, but meh, it could be better actually being there, and they might have improved since.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
The last time i saw norma jean live they weren't too bad. But yeah, a little sloppy, but still a good show.

Im seeing them again soon in august. maybe they will be better.
Quote by butforgrace
How could Memphis be Laid to Waste be spot on if they have a different vocalist...

Umm if you aren't aware. There is a particular part where the singer from mewithouyou comes and sings some bit of poetry while the screamer is screaming his head off in the background.
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
Quote by brandendude
there coming to cincinatti the 20th with hatebreed i think im gonna go

Go man, mosh it up. Knock some teeth out!
Run!
Quote by ifeastonbums
Quote by GuitarSymphony
Umm if you aren't aware. There is a particular part where the singer from mewithouyou comes and sings some bit of poetry while the screamer is screaming his head off in the background.

I was going to say...mewithoutyou singing in a NJ song seems kind of odd.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Well I hope that they are good live because I will be seeing them this summer at Ozzfest. I'm not paying $75 to be disappointed.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
If you don't mind seeing those annoying scene kids with girl pants and stupid hair, then go see Norma Jean
After seeing Thursday live, I'm ready for about any scene kid i'll see. God that was awful. There was girl paints, manic-panic hair and eyeshadow as far as the eye could see.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I saw em at Ozzfest. They were ok. I'm too much much of an old Norma Jean fan, though. I don't like the new frontman. I like Scogan. They still put on a decent show. They played with 2 drummers though....I have NO idea why.
I saw Norma Jean at Ozzfest, and honestly, I was not disappointed whatsoever. It's definitely the price of admission.
Quote by dmc_74_usa
I saw em at Ozzfest. They were ok. I'm too much much of an old Norma Jean fan, though. I don't like the new frontman. I like Scogan. They still put on a decent show. They played with 2 drummers though....I have NO idea why.

Yeah saw em at ozzfest too... it was alright... I pointed out the 2 drummer thing to my friend, I spent most of their set trying to figure out why they would possibly need 2 drummers, they were both drumming the same thing....
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
The drummer from A Life Once Lost (love them) has been playing shows with them he (the singer) never said why. He didn't play for the whole set. Anyway I just saw them yesterday and they put on a hell of a show I thought.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
i saw them about a year ago, not to long after the new singer joined....they were pretty good live, but i dont like oh god the aftermath and they played alot of those songs...overall decent
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
NJ is really sloppy live and their new vocalist is horrid. Save it for Co&Ca, DEP and Chiodos.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
i saw them at ozzfest and was actuallty suprised they did everything perfect.im goin to see them in october with BTBAM wich is goin to kick ass.