ok, its been one year since i bought my epiphone les paul and it gav me some problems. it jz doesnt really feel like a really quality guitar. since there have been casse of faked epiphone guitar, i wanna check my epiphone LP's genuinity..

can any of u guys teach me how? web site? using serial number etc...
thanx in advance...
that my friend is a handy website *bookmarked*
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
no probs you can get gibson, fender (not squier), epihiphone and some other brands

IBANEZ COMING SOON
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Marshall DFX 30 mg series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

member of the 'i cant spell yngwhey mhalmstreem club'

PM me to join
I've used the dater project for a long time. It is amazing. I've only had a few instances where it fell short. The main one is with Japanese Epi's. The dating system during that time stunk. My 1970's ish epi (Japanese), always comes through the system as a 1960ish epi. By no means the same thing ;-)
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
What kind of Epi LP do you have? I doubt it's a fake-unless you bought a $.99 one from China on Ebay...

If it's a lower end Epi (Special II, $99 LP Junior, LP Studio), it's probably just because of that. Epi isn't known for having great lower-end guitars, but their mid-range and high end guitars are great.

Post what type of Epi LP you have and what the problems are with it and we can probably help you more.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
What kind of Epi LP do you have? I doubt it's a fake-unless you bought a $.99 one from China on Ebay...

If it's a lower end Epi (Special II, $99 LP Junior, LP Studio), it's probably just because of that. Epi isn't known for having great lower-end guitars, but their mid-range and high end guitars are great.

Post what type of Epi LP you have and what the problems are with it and we can probably help you more.

i think the probs sorted

beat ya to it :p
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
He said he's having problems with his Epi and that he thinks it may be fake. Obviously if he looks it up and it's legit, he still has the problems.

Now, unless you're a telepath and read his mind, then PMed him how to fix the issues he's having with the guitar, I'd assume he still needs help on how to fix them.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
He said he's having problems with his Epi and that he thinks it may be fake. Obviously if he looks it up and it's legit, he still has the problems.

Now, unless you're a telepath and read his mind, then PMed him how to fix the issues he's having with the guitar, I'd assume he still needs help on how to fix them.

yeh but how can it be a fake if it comes up on the dater project?

if there is problems its just because he cant play or didnt try before he bought or something
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
^You're a real idiot, you know that?

Sometimes things go wrong with guitars. Usually it's an easy fix. A small adjustment, a quick part replacement, etc.

It's not because he "can't play" or "didn't try it first," it's because there's a PROBLEM WITH THE GUITAR. And, instead of you trying to help him, you're just looking for quick popularity on the forum.

Also, I didn't say it was a fake. I said that if he looks it up on the dater project and it's legit, HE STILL HAS THE PROBLEMS THAT NEED FIXED. Obviously he'd want to fix the problems because he knows he has a real guitar and not a fake.

Gazthomas, instead of being an ass hole, why not try helping him with his actual problem?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
thanx guys. that website really helps. for the problems, i already fixed it at a guitar shop. thanx to all..
Quote by Xenn99
^You're a real idiot, you know that?

Sometimes things go wrong with guitars. Usually it's an easy fix. A small adjustment, a quick part replacement, etc.

It's not because he "can't play" or "didn't try it first," it's because there's a PROBLEM WITH THE GUITAR. And, instead of you trying to help him, you're just looking for quick popularity on the forum.

Also, I didn't say it was a fake. I said that if he looks it up on the dater project and it's legit, HE STILL HAS THE PROBLEMS THAT NEED FIXED. Obviously he'd want to fix the problems because he knows he has a real guitar and not a fake.

Gazthomas, instead of being an ass hole, why not try helping him with his actual problem?

^^ told ya hed fixed it

now whos the asswipe?
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
IMO, I think the guitar just needed a setup and that's why it didn't feel right anymore. Many noobs **** bridge adjustments, etc without really knowing what they're doing. And changing string gauges and **** will throw a guitar out of whack if you don't properly set it up. That's what I suspect the problem was.

As for Epiphones with problems, it doesn't take a 'fake' one to cause that. Epiphone are notorious for using bottom-of-the-barrel electronics and wiring in their instruments. Pot / switch failiures are pretty common. Bad solder joints are also another problem that plagues ALL models of Epiphone.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor